Need advice on clutch slave supports.

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
There has been more broken chains and engine damage on here in the last year than ever before.

I just bought a new chain and 4 rear sprockets ( I chew threw em' every 1000 miles or so).

I figured while Im in there with the new chain and sprockets I might as well buy some insurance on accidental breakage.

I have it down to two different manufacturers

1. Kosmann racing
2. PMR components

neither claim they will save your cases in the event of chain failure but they do say it can help guard your cases.

Anyone have any expirience with either? Let me know what ya think.

Here's the Kosmann unit. Retails for 495.00 but Kosmann sells them on ebay for 400.

HAYABUSA_BEARING_PLATE.jpg

pm S4L

he has the same thing for like $175 tyd for the same thing.
cool.gif

Yeah the one Gary S4L makes is very nice and I think he has them over on SH.org for $125 a piece which is a STEAL for a billet cover that will protect your cases.

Ok here is the link for Garys covers $125 TYD. S4L Billet covers

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149041702 -->

I like the one MPE makes better. Just looks way more beefy. I just don't know what the cost is and am a bit leary dealing with someone from Australia.

Has anyone here dealt with Grieg?

I like the one MPE makes better. Just looks way more beefy. I just don't know what the cost is and am a bit leary dealing with someone from Australia.

it really doesn't matter.. they're all gonna bust the mounting holes out before they break anyhow and your case will still be shot
wink.gif

it really doesn't matter.. they're all gonna bust the mounting holes out before they break anyhow and your case will still be shot
wink.gif
So I take that you are saying that these support braces are useless? They will serve no help in any event of chain breakage? Just let me know, you seem to be on to something.

i'd go for gary's first.  that pmr looks just like a stock on with their logo on it.

this is mine...same idea as S4L's
DSC00008.jpg

what happens with snapped chains
Feb19_003.jpg

<!--EDIT|turbored
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149045632 -->

Yeah the one Gary S4L makes is very nice and I think he has them over on SH.org for $125 a piece which is a STEAL for a billet cover that will protect your cases.

Ok here is the link for Garys covers $125 TYD. S4L Billet covers
I had to pm S4L on this deal. I was ready to transfer funds for one of his covers (used or possibly new), and if this is the real deal, at this price....It makes me say...Ummm, Duhh - No Brainer "Transfer funds". Just waiting on his response.

Grieg may be in Australia but he sells probabably 90% of his stuff here in the US. He makes alot of custom one off parts for many pro race teams and has been around along time, I have never once heard a bad thing about him or MPE. I have no idea on the price but I would bet its along the lines of that Kossman piece.

Ok I just checked and the MPE cover is $399 That includes the cover, bolts, sprocket cup and speed sensor extension.The adjustable rod that ties the cover to the chassis is an extra as not everybody will want that option.

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149049116 -->

suzuki4life

Thank you Sir
wink.gif

Awesome product, unreal price, Paypal sent - I would be crazy to pass on this deal.

Grab

I think S4L posted the links, and made the "Why B/s you" comment as to let you read, and decide what is hype, and what is reality in his product, THM's product, PMR's product. Maybe I'm interpeting it wrong, but I think that is what he meant by his post
rock.gif

It decreases case cover flex? eliminates.

<!--EDIT|Lota Fun R
Reason for Edit: "failed to read up on it."|1149064349 -->

Gary's product is the best I've seen and you'll not find a better price!
smile.gif

Back