Need a spare key

weeesss

Registered
I do not have my key code and only have one key. Where can I order a spare key blank without having to pay out the nose. Dealer gave me one to get cut but my wife lost it.

Are these cheap blanks on Ebay worth trying?

I bought a blank off ebay for $5 and took it to a local locksmith. Cost me $2.30 to get it done.

You can buy an OEM on ebay. I bought 2 of them just in case I lost one and sure nuff a week late I did. Thank God for the spares.

Im getting one of those switchblade keys on ebay eventually to have keyed. Its on my list of mods :thumbsup:

i got one each (blue and red) , spares for the 2 factory keys :thumbsup:
$(KGrHqV,!hkE1gNOLU+4BNbQgwJurw~~_12.JPG
$(KGrHqN,!jEE1nm77qKNBNbQSv,V(g~~_12.JPG

I will get one or two of the cheapies. I still want to know what the OEM immobilizer key is...

It's a key that does have a chip in it and is programmed to only operate one ignition. Euro Bikes have the engine immobilizer on them ours don't :(

post # 7 above

Forgive me, I'm a little slow but I didn't see anywhere if these posts apply to keys for both gen 1 and 2? Or just gen 2? I have a gen 1 and only 1 key as well and I wasn't sure if I could buy one of the gen 2 blanks off of eBay and key it for my gen 1.
Posted via Mobile Device

Forgive me, I'm a little slow but I didn't see anywhere if these posts apply to keys for both gen 1 and 2? Or just gen 2? I have a gen 1 and only 1 key as well and I wasn't sure if I could buy one of the gen 2 blanks off of eBay and key it for my gen 1.
Posted via Mobile Device

ooops, I thought you were asking if the anti-theft chip was offered for either the Gen 1 or II Busa.

I checked the ebay auctions and most DID not specify. In fact, many listed ONE key for 600, 750, 1000 and Busa.

fwiw make sure after your key is cut it works. ive seen people get keys made, not try them and find out they dont work when they needed it.

I had to get the blank at a locksmith, not your ordinary hardware type. It was an Ilco X241 Suzuki car blank. The locksmith had to just slightly cut back the shoulders (the transition from handle to key blade) on each side of the blank so it would go a little deeper into the ignition switch. The first time I tried the key it wouldn't work, but with the touchup on the shoulders it worked just fine. Had 3 spare keys made. I think they were about 2.50 each.

Back