Need a quick answer!

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
I want to install an exhaust on my '08 (my wife got me one for an early Christmas present!!!) But also am going to be shipping my pegs/etc out for the powdercoater in a couple weeks. Will the pipes stay up by themselves when I take the pegs off, or should I just wait to install the pipes? I haven't taken anything apart yet, but wanted to know ahead of time!
Thanks guys

Might depend on what type of exhaust you got...some utilize the rear peg mounts and some don't...if you're asking will the header hold it up on it's own, probably but I would tie it up in the rear to take the weight off the tubes.

Thanks, R77 Carbons. I obviously wouldn't ride it like that, it is in storage now until spring anyway. Think they would be okay?

Personally, I would say dont fit them yet. The fibrous gasket/seal the goes between the mufflers and the headers is very soft and you could easily damage it if not secured at each end. Maybe use Zip-ties to support the weight at the footpeg end.

:( Thanks guys. Email sent to Kevin for powdercoating. I guess I'll have to stare at these pipes for a couple more weeks...:beerchug:

The 1 nut/bolt you see on each footpeg, and the 1 bolt to tighten at the end of the pipe to the end of the header. It's a 2 minute job. You have NO patience...I don't blame you:laugh: Put them on, it's so quick that you can take them off when you ship the pegs out.

Put the header on and then don't add the mufflers. It will be ok if you don't ride it. Then when you get the powder coated stuff all you have to do is put the muffler on and you're good to go in 20 minutes tops.

Put the header on and then don't add the mufflers. It will be ok if you don't ride it. Then when you get the powder coated stuff all you have to do is put the muffler on and you're good to go in 20 minutes tops.

That would be best for a full system(and you could install the one muffler the same way), but you just got the 2 slip on's, correct?

Yeah, just the slip-ons. She is cheap. :rofl:
I just think I'm gonna rip the stock pipes off, and tear the tail section apart, send my parts out and wait...
GOD I hate waiting...:banghead:

I couldn't wait... I'll just take them off when I send away for the powdercoating. :laugh:

after1.JPG

Ok, with slipons it's even easier. When I got mine painted (rear foot pegs) I just took a bungee cord and connected it to the slipon's mount hole over the seat. Simple as that.

Ok, with slipons it's even easier. When I got mine painted (rear foot pegs) I just took a bungee cord and connected it to the slipon's mount hole over the seat. Simple as that.

Sounds like a plan, I'll do that when I get ready to send my stuff off...
Thanks Guys!

Back