Need a little help

paistes5

Registered
I just put on a full exhaust system and removed the pair valve. After I attached everything, I went to start it and it won't start. I hit the starter button, and nothing. No noise, no headlight dimming, nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas to check would be appreciated.

OK You've checked the obvious right? Bike in neutral, kill switch set to run, Clutch pulled in when thumbing starter?

Check your kick stand sensor, maybe it got tweaked when you were removing the pipes? Lastly, if you have power just no starter motor spinning, check to make sure that you didn't tweak the power to the starter.

Other than this obvious stuff, I dunno.

I just put on a full exhaust system and removed the pair valve.  After I attached everything, I went to start it and it won't start.  I hit the starter button, and nothing.  No noise, no headlight dimming, nothing.  

Any thoughts or ideas to check would be appreciated.
ok....move real slow my friend...think back . All you've done to it is mechanical , nothing electrical . You took off the plastic , you did this...did that....

So...you've got power. You said the head-L didnt dim .

Somewhere you caused an interuption in the starter circuit or starter relay circuit . We dont know about the ignition,'cause she wont turn over .

You did all of yer mods with the batt hooked up? or disconnected?

Okay, I have plently of battery power. Flip the swithes and all the lights come on, fuel pump pumps, etc.

The day before I did the mods, I rode home from Atlanta and it poured on me the whole way. I'm assuming water might be the culprit. Ideas on where to look? Already checked the airbox and spark plugs.

ok D , here 's a few things to think about . Started ran fine,then did some mods . The rain thing, I'd haffta doubt it.
Sounds like you have main power,but none to the starter. It wont turn over correct? Ok , lets see if the ignition is the prob or the starter circuit is the prob . Take power from the + side of yer batt. Put juice to the starter motor connection (on top of the starter motor) MAKE SURE bike is in neutral.With key on .Clutch in. Bike should start . If it dosent we have an ignition prob . If it did , we have a starter circuit prob (kill switch, side stand switch, or one of their solenoids, etc)
Go try that for me....then we can move on .

A little hung over today, so I thought I'd wait before working on her. I'm putting the pieces back on and try some of your ideas rubberside. I appreciate all your help.

Well, she is purring now. The problem was the electrical connection by the rear brake sensor was undone. Not sure how it came undone, but tightened it down and she started right up. Love the sound of the Yosh full system.

right-on paste-ee's . Somehow an' interuption was caused eh. ya bastid....I told you think back,look at the obvious first . you had me up all night worryin' ...ya bastid.

kiddin'....glad yer tearin' it up again . Lubber.

Back