Need a Little Help Locating a Minor Part

Piscataway Busa

Registered
wires got pinched off somehow the last time i pulled the bike apart

lon story short, i put the bike back together and realize the tail light is not working but blinkers are

do some troubleshooting and quickly learn the female connector that goes to the tail light is missing and 3 wires have been cut somehow.

now i need to find where i can get that other half to the connector (the one coming FROM the battery) before i can ride again.

it kills me this less than a dollar part is holding me back, i just dont know the best place to find it

if anyone could point me in the direction id highly appreciate it

Thanks .orgsters in adv

Is there a reason that you can't just take the male side off and direct connect the wires?

i presume i could do that.
one thing i noticed was i only saw 3 wires for the female side and there were 4 leaving the male side going to the tail light

also that would make it far more difficult to take that tail section off any time i wanted too...

go buy some wire and some bullet connectors or some other type of plug connectors from Radio Shack or Walmart....good to go.:beerchug:

tailight.jpg

go buy some wire and some bullet connectors or some other type of plug connectors from Radio Shack or Walmart....good to go.:beerchug:

+1 or buy a electrical connector from a auto store or trailer shop, they will have what you need

638175_lg.jpg

great advice, didnt even think to just get a whole new connector set. that didnt even cross my mind.

am i looking for a specific type of connectors? or any that look like they would supply power?

thanks for the help

any kind should work...just match up the wire size as close as possible

If I remember, the reason there are four wires into three is because there are two grounds...

Bullet connectors will work; spade connectors will also, just alternate them so that you don't cross them...

Bullet/spade connectors are good, or you can buy clip-in connector blocks for a more professional repair.
Either way, shouldn't be hard.

If I remember, the reason there are four wires into three is because there are two grounds...

Bullet connectors will work; spade connectors will also, just alternate them so that you don't cross them...

Yep two grounds. I was gonna post that but read first :thumbsup:. The guy who put a hotbodies tail light on my bike did a ratty job so when my cyclops undertail came i had to rewire everything. Luckily the cyclops came with stock connectors :thumbsup:

Back