need a 47T rear sprocket for dragstrip

Well there you go...
beerchug.gif

will the alum be ok for the strip......i had an alum 42 before and my chain left chain link impressions all around it

1 down in the front = three up in the rear. 16/44 is the same result as a 17/47. Just in case that is easier to come by. Be advised my buddy went with that combo and his ET and mph suffered. For some reason it took him out of the 9's and into low 10's

(MoosesBusa @ Oct. 13 2006,01:21) 1 down in the front = three up in the rear. 16/44 is the same result as a 17/47. Just in case that is easier to come by. Be advised my buddy went with that combo and his ET and mph suffered. For some reason it took him out of the 9's and into low 10's
Because shifts waste time. It's better to wring each gear for all it's worth.

(MoosesBusa @ Oct. 13 2006,00:21) 1 down in the front = three up in the rear. 16/44 is the same result as a 17/47. Just in case that is easier to come by. Be advised my buddy went with that combo and his ET and mph suffered. For some reason it took him out of the 9's and into low 10's
i have 18/38 on now for street and top end......im going 18/47 cause i dont feel like changing the front everytime i want to go to the strip........i have a tire used only for strip with its own sprocket and cush drive. swapping rear tires is a snap.

I was about to tell him to try the 45 that you had Goledchild! I thought it was very touchy but then again I had a16 on the front.

(psycobusa @ Oct. 12 2006,23:04) will the alum be ok for the strip......i had an alum 42 before and my chain left chain link impressions all around it
I've got about 40 passes on my Alum 42. Not showing any wear at all. In every case of excess sprocket wear I have seen (steel and aluminum) it also included a stretched chain. Once the chain stretches, it will not ride at the bottom of the teeth.

Sounds like a good combo you've got planned there! The quality of the aluminum used in the sprocket really determines its lifespan. If you're paying $35 for an alum rear sprocket, you'd be better off using it for a Christmas tree ornament! You truly get what you pay for in metal alloys. That's why the GOOD chains are expensive too.

Back