Nearly got hit twice today!!!

RX1Jim

Registered
I constantly find it unbelieveable how many STUPID drivers there are on the road. Twice today I had a car driven by an absolute idiot pull out in front of me, the first time I had less than 20 ft before impact a 50 MPH. Both times I was able to make a quick maneuver and avoid disaster. Drivers just do not pay enough attention to see us. I could not see if the idiots were on a cell phone. Needless to say I had a lot of loud choice words for them during and after each event. My headlight is working correctly. I am going to start wearing one of those high visibility vests over my riding jacket. It is a good thing I pay extra attention at hazardous places like intersections, blind roads and driveways and on ramps.

Any suggestions for improving my visibility?

I ride with my brights on during the day so the headlight is more likely to get cars attention so they see me better.

A good idea is NOT to ride on holidays where a lot of people are drinking/driving.

A good idea is NOT to ride on holidays where a lot of people are drinking/driving.

+1000
Folks here started drinking as soon as the sun came up . Those people who pulled out in front of you were probably same . Just drunk ! Glad you didn't get hit or collide .

not only that, just seems people pay less attention on hectic days, lots of running around and stuff on peoples minds, car full of kids, fireworks on the side of the road. lots of distractions on days like today.

For the most part, my 100 mile ride yesterday was excellent, there were hardy any cars on the road where I was riding. I was riding through some beautiful farm country near Copake NY, terrific scenery. All it takes is one stupid driver to cause a terrible disaster. The ONLY solution is to constantly pay attention, assume nobody see me.

PASHNIT sells those lighting kits for the front. Those should make you a lot more visable. I was thinking about investing in one myself.

Have a look at my latest thread... Munchie's Down

Lady said she never saw me...

Get a headlight modulator or upgrade to HID's. Switchbacks wouldn't hurt either.

My next bike will definitely have HID's.

Ride as if they will all turn, stop, pull out in front you. It's dangerous out there!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cagers SUCK!!:firing: It's a shame WE have to babysit their each and every move!

Thats exactly right..best way to be seen is to see yourself in their eyes and react accordingly. Every car i see is going to cross my path, i see myself for them and get out of the way.

Back