Nearly everything ya wanted to know -

okay yes the TRE makes the bike think it is in 5th gear, the reason is the bike won't rev out in 6th gear from the factory,(to limit the bike to 186). depending on what model of power comander you have it will do the ignition curve to....
pc 2= fuel air + ign.
pc 3= fuel/air, not ignition
pc 3r= fuel/air + ignition
pc USB = fuel/air, & u'll have to buy a ignition module, but has the ablity to add some other cool stuff like a quick shifter

k. I am really new to this. If I use a tre or a atre, I am goin to need a power comander to remap? correct? If I am goin to put on dual carbon cans I may or may not need to remap? Depending on if the system remaps itself or not. If I want to go over 185 mph. I am goin to do these mods and remap?

IF so lets see.

Power comander..... 350.00
atre......................159.00
Dual carbons.......... 900.00
Under tail...............229.00
---------------------------

This hobby is goin to cost more then hunting.

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146870612 -->

Gee, no mention of JSD....
wow.gif

k.  I am really new to this.  If I use a tre or a atre, I am goin to need a power comander to remap?  correct?  If I am goin to put on dual carbon cans I may or may not need to remap?   Depending on if the system remaps itself or not.  If I want to go over 185 mph. I am goin to do these mods and remap?  

IF so lets see.

Power comander..... 350.00
atre......................159.00
Dual carbons.......... 900.00
Under tail...............229.00
---------------------------

This hobby is goin to cost more then hunting.
Memorex - someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need to remap if all you are doing as is adding bolt-on cans. If you go to a full replacement system, and do either the small or full airbox mods, then you need to remap to take advantage of the mods. By adding just cans, you are not getting rid of the cross-over, which as I understand it, it the big restriction point in the stock exhaust. So, if just adding cans? You don't really need the PowerCommander.

Adding a tre or atre does not mean you need a Power Commander. A PCIIIr will allow you (actually, your trusted tuner) to do exactly what the TRE will do, with the exception of removing the top speed limiter. (which by the way, is achieved by the computer knowing that you are in 6th gear, and at 186 mph, which is when it cuts off the #2 spark plug. What the tre does, is override the signal to the computer, so the bike thinks it's in 5th gear all the time, hence no limit)

Now, having said all that, you can get a damn nice full system, with a power commander, and the map you will need preloaded into it, for $1450. Add your undertail and you are out the door for about $50 more that your list. But for that $50 you get more performance from your bike that you will from simply adding cans, and you do not have to spend any money on dyno time for a tuner to re-do your map. Check out Brock Davidson's Streetsmart System. (you will need pair blockoffs as well, or you can do the marble mod). http://shop.brocksperformance.com/Search.bok?category=Suzuki:Hayabusa:Exhaust+Systems

just my $0.02

at times my TRE seems to skip in gears 3 n 5?? it resets to show 0 n jerking

foLLows...any reasons why??

Now all you need is to refalsh ( or reburn ) your ECU. There are alot of things that can be done with the ability of the reflash including removing gov.'s, increasing rev. limiters Ect...ect...:beerchug:

Back