Nearly 170 today

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
South of here about 60 miles is a two lane that most bay area riders should know about. Lots of corners, ups and downs, and a few choice deserted straights. Cool morning, no traffic, a little over 2000 miles on the new LE, hadn't been over 135 yet and voila, I crest a hill and a long (enough) straight is staring right at me, beckoning me...twiiiiist the throttle...twiiiiist the throttle.....

Didn't even downshift, was already doing around 100 and before I knew it I was tucking in and glancing down at the needle as it climbed past 140, 150, 160. Running out of road fast, I let off slowly and the needle was backing away from 170. Manoman! What a sweet ride. As the road went on I found a few longish straights with a dogleg that at 120+ in either direction was a, leaned over kick in the ass to run! I just wish those raised reflectors on the double yellows were gone. Hate skittering over them at triple digit speeds. There are a number of opportunities to run flat out or just up past 140-150 if you're so inclined. Limitless visibility and no cross roads or traffic. How about tomorrow?
rock.gif
cool.gif

sweet it is fun. i got up to about  120 today on I-80 coming from sacramento where i live going to work.
biggrin.gif
120 on I-80... why dont you just ask someone to shoot you... it would be quicker...
i know but it is was for just a second. it was on the onramp same place i got popped for 80mph in december only a waraning
biggrin.gif
how do you ride a busa and not speed 3 years and i try not to but it just wants to go

biggrin.gif

145 on the way to work yesterday...and that was as fast as the old duc would do...no matter how i pushed it

<!--EDIT|chrisjp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146406004 -->

South of here about 60 miles is a two lane that most bay area riders should know about.  Lots of corners, ups and downs, and a few choice deserted straights.  Cool morning, no traffic, a little over 2000 miles on the new LE, hadn't been over 135 yet and voila, I crest a hill and a long (enough) straight is staring right at me, beckoning me...twiiiiist the throttle...twiiiiist the throttle.....

Didn't even downshift, was already doing around 100 and before I knew it I was tucking in and glancing down at the needle as it climbed past 140, 150, 160.  Running out of road fast, I let off slowly and the needle was backing away from 170.  Manoman!  What a sweet ride.  As the road went on I found a few longish straights with a dogleg that at 120+ in either direction was a, leaned over kick in the ass to run!  I just wish those raised reflectors on the double yellows were gone.  Hate skittering over them at triple digit speeds.  There are a number of opportunities to run flat out or just up past 140-150 if you're so inclined.  Limitless visibility and no cross roads or traffic.  How about tomorrow?
rock.gif
cool.gif
What road? Hwy 25?

seen 160 yesterday on west bound 96...man what a rush....its going to take some muscle from that zx1400 to whip the busa.

Back