NE1 using this "cage" over the frame sliders?

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
After reading about the sliders, and seeing some bending up from a mere drop and more less saving the engine/frame...I have been thinking about this "cage" for my Busa. More expensive yes, but looks like if it went down it would definately save the engine/frame and also provide some pretty darn good protection of the plastics and stuff as well. My buddy is getting a setup for his Gixxer 1k.

Charlie

No pics!?
rock.gif

I have been thinking of getting one also, check out: Freestyle Ingenuity Cage
I saw them on superbikes on Speed channel, plus as far as I know they are the only ones that I have seen that make the busa cage.

been thinking along the same lines....there's no reason thay cannot make something like this pleasing to the eye.....
I too saw them on speed channel......I like the way their quantity say "995 available".......

there's NO way theat shop has nearly a thousand kits laying around....much less that many just for the busa. hahaha

Holy crap, I forgot the link....thanks BigSimp, same ones I was talking about. I figure it can be powdercoated to match the upcoming paint scheme ;) But from a phone call I just had, a buddy with a TL1000 and the Freestyle Ingenuity Cage (FIC), he just slid his bike from a 40+/- mph roll, down some asphalt, into a curb. The frame is untouched, and most the plastic was untouched. He said he has some scratching on the closest part of the front fender and mirror and a line or two on the rear where it rocked as it was sliding down the street. He says he will order a new cage as its been hit a few times now and bending in towards the plastic. Looks like this will also be a pre-Christmas gift for my Busa ;)

Hate to say, but if you need that on your bike you might want to reconsider why you are riding and how you are riding!

Not to bust balls... but if you don't stunt what would be the point of that? I don't think you can un-ugly that cage... To each thier own... Bubble wrap would look better though
biggrin.gif

BigBS...I used to think the same. However, a couple w/e ago, a friend and new rider on a Gixxer1k didnt see me stopping for a red light (duh!) and hit the end cap of my stock exhaust can, bent the hell out of the frame slider, which later we found out it broke the bolt. This was me sitting still, him rolling no more than 5mph and barely clipping it. I cant imagine if the bike slid out on gravel in a turn the sliders would actually do a lot. Maybe its just me and my paranoia after dropping my Busa from near dead stop and cracking the Stator Cover....ouch.

those cages are made for stunt riders not for get off's at 40+ mph.  Even if you have one of these cages on your bike, if you go down, this cage will dig into the ground and probably flip the bike over a few times doing even more damage.   If your really interested in a cage though i would look into a "905" cage.  Friend of mine has one on his 1K because he looped his bike doing a stand up and totaled it.  He turned it into a stunt bike and put this 905 cage on at has litterally tested it by kicking his bike over.  Works great for what its intended for but i wouldnt want that unsightly thing on my bike just for protection purposes.  Next would be a roll cage and then you might as well have a car...

Heres a pic of the 905 cage...

chrome%20905%20armor%20and%2012%20bar%20001.jpg

Sloto...hey, I have a 6pt rollbar in my Camaro
smile.gif
Ok, guess its just me being skeer'd! shoots. I'll sleep on the Vortex 2pc sliders and settle with them I guess. Schucks.

I saw that episode on speed also. Pretty good idea for stunters. You don't see that many people stunt'n busa's. At least I haven't

(jessup @ Sep. 11 2006,21:35) Not to bust balls... but if you don't stunt what would be the point of that? I don't think you can un-ugly that cage... To each thier own... Bubble wrap would look better though
biggrin.gif
ROFL!!! Right!!! You cannot UNugly that sapsucker!!! LOL!!!

It's ugly as sin over your bike..... and is for stunters who drop their bikes every fudgestickin' day!!!!!

Back