NCOM regional Memphis Tn. nov 12th

red1100cc

Registered
:whistle: Well im leavin, on a jet plane....for Memphis Tennessee!
i am headed down Thursday, and i wanted to invite yall to come and attend. it is FREE, won't cost you a thing!

Possibly yall could share in a libation or two with me.:beerchug:

attached is the flyer with more information.

hit me up if you'd like to meet up, i always dig meeting other ORG members. :thumbs:

hope to see you there.

Attachments

• 2011_Region_5_Meeting._Memphis,_Tn__10_17_2011_2.pdf
    372.6 KB · Views: 339

I am no longer a fan of the Rendezvous; used to be pretty good but got commercialized. Make sure to put Corky's wet ribs on your list. and get the onion too. Never been to Neelys lived there for a year (1988).

There are a bunch of hole in the wall joints that serve pretty good barbeque too don't discount them. BBQ/Car Wash, BBQ/Laudromat (that was my fav; had an aweseom burger too!). My opinion is if they smoke the meat right, you don't even need the sauce.

I am no longer a fan of the Rendezvous; used to be pretty good but got commercialized. Make sure to put Corky's wet ribs on your list. and get the onion too. Never been to Neelys lived there for a year (1988).

There are a bunch of hole in the wall joints that serve pretty good barbeque too don't discount them. BBQ/Car Wash, BBQ/Laudromat (that was my fav; had an aweseom burger too!). My opinion is if they smoke the meat right, you don't even need the sauce.

I agree that they are not as good as they used to be. When Charlie turned it over to the kids was when they went down.

Neely's is the best in Memphis in my opinion. Corky's is pretty good as well as the Commissary in Germantown.
http://commissarybbq.com/

Never been there either Bret. But it sounds like you know your BBQ. My favorite place is a little place in Hopkinsville, KY called the Woodshed. Not only do they smoke their meat, afterwards they STEAM it (no hard spots, all soft); doesn't need sauce.

They don't make Burgoo in Memphis, either.

I used to live behind Hickory Ridge Mall; when that was a nice place to live...now, don't go down there at night, armed or not...

mmmmmm, your makin me hungry!

:banghead: ah! the Wyoming Legislative website doesn't have all the bills compiled in one list yet. reading subcommittee reports = Way boring!

mmmmmm, your makin me hungry!

:banghead: ah! the Wyoming Legislative website doesn't have all the bills compiled in one list yet. reading subcommittee reports = Way boring!

You just won the award for being the MOST OFF TOPIC EVER! :)

Never been there either Bret. But it sounds like you know your BBQ. My favorite place is a little place in Hopkinsville, KY called the Woodshed. Not only do they smoke their meat, afterwards they STEAM it (no hard spots, all soft); doesn't need sauce.

They don't make Burgoo in Memphis, either.

I used to live behind Hickory Ridge Mall; when that was a nice place to live...now, don't go down there at night, armed or not...

Yeah that whole side of town is dead now. Before they tore it down the Mall of Memphis was renamed the mall of murder.
I was born and grew up in Memphis and still have family there.

well i made a pizza, not so hungry now. :laugh:

so what's Memphis like? besides a little Elvis trivia, i don't know much about the place.

Typical larger city USA. Mostly run down and nasty. Some nice areas but getting fewer and farther between.

Where ya staying Red?

Typical larger city USA. Mostly run down and nasty. Some nice areas but getting fewer and farther between.

Where ya staying Red?

i will be at the Memphis Marriott Downtown, 250 North Main St., Memphis Tn. 38103
i should get in Thursday afternoon, go home Sunday.

Back