NCAA Football fans... Urban Meyer to OSU

Jacobs

OEM Parts/Accessory guy
Donating Member
Registered
I can't believe no one has posted this yet...

This morning Urban Meyer finalized his contract with OSU. It's not really all that surprising after what happened the last few months, but a few years ago, I would have never thought he would be coaching the Buckeyes. Now mind you, I am not a Buckeye fan, but a Miami Hurricane fan. With that being said, Urban Meyer is a great coach, not to mention a stand up guy. This is probably one of the best coach pick ups in a while considering Meyer has won everywhere he's been.

If you've seen OSU's QB Braxton Miller play, you know that he's going to be an awesome fit considering he's only 19 years old. Once Meyer gives him the "Tebow Treatment", Miller is going to be a stud. Who knows, we might actually see some good OSU vs. UM rivalry games again.

I may be a Hurricane fan, but I'm a bigger fan of NCAA Football as a sport and just like anything else, I think bringing better competition to the table makes everyone better.

Last edited:
4 million a year for 6 years with a 2.3 mil bonus! Good grief!
That's for a football coach?

He's good yes but our country is messed up!

Its retarted that coaches in the College level can make this kind of money but not the players..... Hell, its retarted that any player makes that kind of money for a "sport".

They have to pay the coaches that much. Where do you think the players get their "benefits" from??

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of how much money is paid out to Coaches and players in any sport and it's not going to change anytime soon. I honestly would of been okay with no NBA season this year, but that's a whole different topic

Money is crazy it will just keep getting higher and higher. Most coaches contracts require them to be the highest paid coach the year after they win the national championship. Next year Les mile will make $4,000,001.00.:thumbsup:

I just wonder how all the sudden his health is better? Or does the 4 million a year have anything to do with that? Good coach I just hate Ohio State.

I can't believe no one has posted this yet...

This morning Urban Meyer finalized his contract with OSU. It's not really all that surprising after what happened the last few months, but a few years ago, I would have never thought he would be coaching the Buckeyes. Now mind you, I am not a Buckeye fan, but a Miami Hurricane fan. With that being said, Urban Meyer is a great coach, not to mention a stand up guy. This is probably one of the best coach pick ups in a while considering Meyer has won everywhere he's been.

If you've seen OSU's QB Braxton Miller play, you know that he's going to be an awesome fit considering he's only 19 years old. Once Meyer gives him the "Tebow Treatment", Miller is going to be a stud. Who knows, we might actually see some good OSU vs. UM rivalry games again.

I may be a Hurricane fan, but I'm a bigger fan of NCAA Football as a sport and just like anything else, I think bringing better competition to the table makes everyone better.

I am sorry and I mean no disrepect but alot of this is simply laughable. Stand up guy........are you kidding me. He rode the back of a true talent (Tebow) for a few years and got 2 national championships out of it. Then wanted to spend time with his family once he realized that his team was circling the drain after Tebow was graduating. So he starts spending quality time with his family right away..........his espn family that is and in less than 2 years he has already accepted a new coaching job??? What about family time and health concerns??? The only thing that made him sick was losing a stud like Tebow.

And if you think Urban Meyer is responsible for the "Tebow treatment" you are mistaken, the only one who can take credit for that is his momma.

Urban Meyer got the right opportunity at the right time at Florida and is reaping the rewards for that now. He should thank Tebow every day. Urban Meyer is no Bobby Bowden :)

I am still amazed a Miami Hurricane fan likes Urban Meyer......wonders never cease. Rant over.

Instead of posting my opinion, I'll post facts....

Bowling Green Falcons (Mid-American Conference) (2001–2002)
2001 Bowling Green 8–3 5–3 2nd
2002 Bowling Green 9–3 6–2 3rd
Bowling Green: 17–6 11–5

Utah Utes (Mountain West Conference) (2003–2004)
2003 Utah 10–2 6–1 1st
2004 Utah 12–0 7–0 1st
Utah: 22–2 13–1

Florida Gators (Southeastern Conference) (2005–2010)
2005 Florida 9–3 5–3 2nd (East)
2006 Florida 13–1 7–1 1st (East)
2007 Florida 9–4 5–3 3rd (East)
2008 Florida 13–1 7–1 1st (East)
2009 Florida 13–1 8–0 1st (East)
2010 Florida 8–5 4–4 2nd (East)

Seems like he did pretty well at Bowling Green and Utah, both without Tim "True Talent" Tebow. His first National Championship was won by Chris Leak. Like I said originally, I'm a bigger fan of the actual sport of NCAA football, but my favorite team is the University of Miami.

Back