~~~   First car   ~~~

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
So, what was your first car?

Mine was a 1973 Pontiac Ventura I bought from my cousin...it was red, not a single shiny spot left in the paint, white plush pleather interior
smile.gif
with bench seats and a big V-8 engine...

When it ran, it was a blast! It always had carburetor problems, so my baby was just a tad touchy when you started her...paid $800 in 1986 for it...

And whenever my cousins saw me outside, washing and waxing her, they'd yell out "you can't polish a turd!" I didn't care, it was my first car...
biggrin.gif

A pic...not my Ventura, but shamelessly stolen from someone who had a shiny one!
smile.gif

73Ventura.jpg

smile.gif

89 Mustang LX 5.0, ugly piece, but good first car.  Ran a 11.88 with a few select mods.  Next car was my 93 cobra

<!--EDIT|Cobra Steve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106946054 -->

cobrasteve.jpeg

nice car VA
the other ones too
but VA was first and she sent me a invite for GMAIL (THANKS)

MY first car was a 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix Brougham two tones, vinyl top, velvet interior and fake wood. Small V8. Loved the back seat.
wink.gif

My first ride was a silver 1982 1/2 Pontiac Trans Am 5.0 litre. T-tops, tint, bra....hell yeah. I used to let my mullet flap out the t-tops.
super.gif

What more could a high school kid in the '80's want....

This one isn't mine, but it's identical. Now if I could just find my tank top and hot pink shorts.....

ices_rofl.gif

silverTA.jpg

Me? 1970 Maverick. 6-cylinder, 3-speed on the colum. Mine was black with a black vinyl interior. That thing was hotter than hell on a sunny summer day in Florida!

Maverick.jpg

My first car was a 1980 Chevy Camaro RS with a V6 and auto transmission. It was silver. Looked just like this one in the 1980 brochure except mine had the rear spoiler on it.

80b_p9.jpg

If you are talking about the first car that I paid for, it was s 1999 Camaro SS, fully loaded and fun as crap to drive....man I miss that car.

Previous to that I drove a 89 Probe GT until I bought the Camaro, but I had no financial interest in that car.

camaroSS.jpg

If you are talking about the first car that I paid for, it was s 1999 Camaro SS, fully loaded and fun as crap to drive....man I miss that car.

Previous to that I drove a 89 Probe GT until I bought the Camaro, but I had no financial interest in that car.
Man, that's a sweet lookin' SS, bro!
drooling3.gif
super.gif

My first?

Hmm....1988 Ford Bronco II. Lotsa fun, but boy was it top-heavy. Looked almost like this one, but I had it with Wrangler Rims.

Bronco_II.jpg

I walked to Long John Silvers in the stupid old pirate get-up we used to have to wear, I saved about $300.00 before leaving that job. That Christmas, my brother came home from Bellview Il. in his rusty old 1967 slant six, open-the-trunk-and-you-see-the-road heap of a polymouth valiant. He asked me if I wanted to buy it for $100.00, I did. I drove it for about six months. It had 186,000 miles on it when I bought it, my friends would ask me if it was a diesel because it ticked loudly and smoked like a train. It looked just like the one in this picture except it was puke green and rusted out from the Illinois salt.

I sold the car for $300.00

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106965366 -->

67plymouth.jpg

My first the family 54 Chev 4 door. Not this one but like it painted all blue. 6 cylinder with split manifold, glass pacs and three on the floor. I thought I was hot stuff for still being in my teens.

54_Chev.jpg

I bought my '77 Vega when I was in 10th grade with the money I earned while bagging groceries at the local Save More.

It was 9 years old when I bought it and she was sweet inside and out, the black paint was 100 miles deep. The guy wanted $900 and I was only able to get him down to $800 but it was still a killer deal.
Not exactly a new sports car, but it was a great feeling knowing that I worked for it, I paid for it and I owned it.

This picture was taken the day before I sold it which was probably around '91. Still didn't have a scratch or dent on it and I got back exactly what I paid for it originally.

vega1.jpg

here is my 67 chevelle

still got it... probably had it for 10 yrs already

CHEV4.JPG

1976 Toyota Corolla wagon. Paid $250 for it in 1983 and delivered pizzas in it. It was a real magnet for women back then.
laugh.gif

Back