Navy Guys......

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
So someone explain how 2 destroyers can get hit by big, slow cargo ships? I don't get how a huge, slow freighter could sneak up on a sophisticated, radar packed destroyer that can move more than twice as fast as a freighter. I can see one accident but this is the second time. There has to be something going on here that is not getting reported.......

All the great Americans who are dead or missing we pray for you and your family.

And the tanker just seemingly just sails off in the distance...not sure what the likely hood is but what if it was one of those
tankers that was pirated by Somalis and then they sold it to an organization that didnt like the US.....or its allies :shocked:

Kinda like a small airplane crashing into the White House. We can shoot it down(sink it), but that would be a huge chit show. Politics.
Troy

So how about this hypothesis: They are checking these ships for weapons maybe going to NK and have x-ray or something requiring them to move in very close to the ships? I have zero proof on this, just guessing.

And BTW no this is the second in two months BUT the 4th ,yes 4th, this year. What would happen if a, oh I don't know, small explosives loaded craft came close and detonated?

Damn I have been here quite a while and I just realized I should get tech minded enough to actually put an avatar picture in! :redface: Well I hate to rush into these things.

And BTW no this is the second in two months BUT the 4th ,yes 4th, this year. What would happen if a, oh I don't know, small explosives loaded craft came close and detonated?
That's exactly what happened to the USS Cole. You'd think the captain's/ crew would be on top of these things a little more...

Well, they say if it is not good at the bottom, start fixing the real problem at the top.

Vice Adm Joseph Aucoin, commander of the Seventh Fleet dismissed, weeks away from retirement.

Well, they say if it is not good at the bottom, start fixing the real problem at the top.

Vice Adm Joseph Aucoin, commander of the Seventh Fleet dismissed, weeks away from retirement.

Actually I think we did that in November as the Commander and Chief was dismissed.

Back