Nature calls again, and a few more babies~!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I don't know where momma is, but these little fellas have been popping up in the yard around the pool the last couple days.

The one yesterday hadn't had such good luck, but this one wanted to cuddle and get in as close to my feet as it could. If I moved it would follow me around to where ever I sat down.

Finally he wanted to get under the grass a bit and looked tired, so I helped cover him up for the night.

100_2192.jpg

100_2193.jpg

100_2194.jpg

100_2195.jpg

100_2199.jpg

100_2200.jpg

100_2201.jpg

100_2203.jpg

100_2204.jpg

100_2205.jpg

100_2206.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2208.jpg

Must.....control........manliness..........must.........not..............give.......in....to

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

It's so cute!!!!!

You better bring them in and help them grow up some. They are too small to make it long without a Momma

Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it!!! So so so cute!!!

My Daughter would go ape....and my dog would too unfortunately.

How cute! Your shoes look like the same color as the momma would be so maybe it it thought you were her???

Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it!!! So so so cute!!!

I was about to post: "Don't let Michelle in here...she'll want to take it/them home!"

I'm too late :banghead:

i found a nest with the mower but fortunaly it was set high enuff i didnt hurt them we had three in the yard, they are all big rabbits now and torture my german shepherd lol

That is something rabbit breeders hear all too often, especially in springtime. In most cases, young, inexperienced baby rabbits are found shortly after the mother has kicked them out of the nest. People stumble across the babies, assume they are orphans, and try to do the right thing by giving them cow's milk and cabbage, which often is fatal for the babies.

So what should you do if you find wild baby rabbits? The answer to this question is pretty simple: in most cases you should leave them where you found them. Wild rabbits do not need human help, unless the mother rabbit has been killed. Do not handle them (or any other wild animal) unless absolutely necessary. Wild rabbits are host to fleas, ticks, lice, and other parasites that can transmit disease to humans and domestic animals alike.

How can you tell if a baby rabbit is old enough to fend for itself? Look for a white blaze on their foreheads. If they don't have the blaze, they are old enough to be outside on their own. Just leave them alone. If they do have a white blaze, they are still under their mother's care. Leave them in their nest or put them back if they're outside of the nest. If you are concerned that the mother has abandoned the babies, take two twigs and lay them in an "X" over the nest. When mother rabbit comes to feed them, she will disturb the twigs.

Wild female rabbits build shallow nests (called "forms") and only visit the nest once or twice a day to nurse. The rest of the time, they will be out of sight but probably nearby. A mother rabbit's infrequent visitations are meant to keep the nest hidden - more frequent visits would draw unwelcome attention from predators. Because the doe visits the nest typically just before dawn and just after dark, it can appear as if the babies were abandoned. If the babies have full bellies, they are being cared for, and the best thing you can do is to leave them alone.

Last edited:
That is pretty cool. I guess if you were to start feeding it and get it used to you, you would have a neat pet on your hands.

Ok I will be the one to say it.....in about 6 weeks that there is some outstanding table fare:whistle:

J/K We had a yard full about a month ago. Fun to watch and drove our dogs nuts!!:laugh:

Back