Nascar Pics From Bristol Motor Speedway

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
My old man was invited to the race at Bristol Motor Speedway as honorary pit crew member for the GMAC Brian Vickers team... He normally goes to the race.. but this time he had all access to the pits trailers.. basically anywhere he wanted to go.. watched the race from one of the suites.. which he said sucked compared to watching from the stands... I'm quoting...

"The only people the want to watch from the suites are the people that just want to be seen at a race because it's the in thing... you can't hear the motors!"

haha.. yup, thats my old man..

anyway.. he's was braggin about his pics he took and couldn't wait for me to get them off the digital camera.. so I thought I'd show some of the better ones to those that are interested.

Bud_car3_withwhr.jpg

thats just a crew member.. not little E.. he did get to meet him.. but it was in the drivers meeting.. and no photos allowed.. oh well.

Bud_car5.jpg

national guard car trying to make the front end pass inspection.. hehe..

he said they were literally beating on the front of the car with hammers for about 15 minutes to make it pass.

nationalgaurd_inspection.jpg

from on the track.. going into turns 3-4

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080600369 -->

turn4.jpg

last one.. the lines going down the picture are the glass from the suites... i figure you already figured that out.. but I hate to make things confusin'

from_suite2.jpg

If you even halfway like nascar and wanna see a race.. bristol is THE place to go... I used to be into it alot and went to alot of the tracks..but Bristol beats them all.. you can see everything.. but bring your ear plugs.. it's loud as a mofo

nice pics, Ego. I'll bet yer old man was happy with that one.

I would love too see some bikes rippin down that track. Does that ever happen?

kick a$$!!! I got to do the same thing with the cheerios race team in Lowes Motor speedway. Best time of my life! Tell your dad I'm jealous!!!

Several years back, when I was in to racing, we went to Lowes Motor Speedway often...for The Winston...it was fun, but the best part was taking our huge van on to the speedway the next morning and making a lap! You don't realize how much the track slopes until you're on it...

Hrmmm...taking the Busa there would be 'interesting'!
cool.gif

Glad your Dad got to be an "insider" pure_ego...I'm sure he had a blast...great pics!
smile.gif

to my knowledge there has never been any type of motorcycle racing there... they've covered the track in dirt for the outlaw series a few times... are tryign to start a legends series.. hmm.. but no bikes...

Back