Naked Busas

BusaBooster

Registered
A recent Cycle World issue talks about the new rage in 'naked' sportbikes.  Some manufacturers are even marketing such bikes.

I'm a new Busa owner.  I still havnt quite figured out how to get the fairings off.  But I wonder if any of you have tried to ride your Busa without the side fairings?  Can this be safely done ?  Anybody have pics of a naked Busa ?

2005 Limited Edition on a hazy San Francisco Bay Area day (pic taken on a cellphone camera)

<!--EDIT|BusaBooster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127161352 -->

busa05le.jpg

In my opinion, leave them on. The Busa looks better and they are part of the aero dynamics of the bike, if you plan on taking it to its top-end.

P.

I think most bikes look stupid naked. Even the ones that are designed that way like the SV's, but trying to make a busa naked would be even worse. Because the fairing that surrounds the headlight would have no termination point. These bikes look good covered!

seen them both ways mostly the naked ones were left that way after a mishap. keep em on will look tons better
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127174122 -->

030_0403_hayabusa_01_z.jpg

'bout the only thing I like to see naked is a fine female.:p

That's like getting a chance to bang Jennifer Lopez then turning the lights off during the romp! A Busa is sexy! Show off ALL its pretty parts!

Thanks for your replies. Loved the pics. I am reminded of why alot of people like the lights out when they make love.

I think I'll keep her clothes on.

Thanks for your replies.  Loved the pics.  I am reminded of why alot of people like the lights out when they make love.

I think I'll keep her clothes on.
Good decision! And to take the fairings off take all allen screws out of side fairing one on the inner black fairing, 3 across top(connecting front cowl to fairing), one in the center, one on the back(lower by foot peg) one on the bottom back(underneath lay on your back), and a couple(three) on front lower three phillips head screws on inside of front fairing holds to radiator induction plastic and one plastic push in clip also on the black on the inner fairing(use flathead screwdriver work up the center of clip slowly don't tear it up when center is up pull clip out when all is out lean bottom out tilt back upwards slowly take it out be maticulous so as not to scratch the paint.

I had mine like this for a few weeks while I waited on my other set of fairings to be painted. I was very happy when I got the other set installed. The whole naked thing doesn't really suit the Busa in my opinion. Plus I couldn't get over 160 (indicated) in this trim and had a lot of lift on the front end.

Is that a reflector on the front and back of your bike?
rock.gif

Is that a factory warning sticker on your frame?
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127415845 -->

Left_side_dubrovnik.jpg

Yes, those are reflectors on my Busa. Is that uncool? If it helps me from getting broadsided at night, I think I'll risk it.

And the 'warning sticker' is actually a 'Vehicle Emissions Control' information sticker (and below that a Vehicle Noise Information sticker) which I was told by the dealer not to take off. Is it like taking the sticker off a matress or something? If those stickers are uncool they can go. I did take off most of the other warning stickers except for the one that would require removal of the right fairing.

As for riding with other busa riders, I'm afraid they might get bored riding with me because I've never had the bike much over 90 mph and not that for long. I'm still just babying her along trying to find out what to expect from her. Mostly, I've ridden her alone, around the neighborhood and down to Alice's a couple of times. I have alot of respect for her and how fast she can get rid of me if I dont behave. Call me bussy-whipped if you want, but I've already had some skin grafts and dont which to have anymore.

Yes, those are reflectors on my Busa.  Is that uncool?  If it helps me from getting broadsided at night, I think I'll risk it.

And the 'warning sticker' is actually a 'Vehicle Emissions Control' information sticker (and below that a Vehicle Noise Information sticker) which I was told by the dealer not to take off.  Is it like taking the sticker off a matress or something?  If those stickers are uncool they can go.  I did take off most of the other warning stickers except for the one that would require removal of the right fairing.

As for riding with other busa riders, I'm afraid they might get bored riding with me because I've never had the bike much over 90 mph and not that for long.  I'm still just babying her along trying to find out what to expect from her.  Mostly, I've ridden her alone, around the neighborhood and down to Alice's a couple of times.  I have alot of respect for her and how fast she can get rid of me if I dont behave.  Call me bussy-whipped if you want, but I've already had some skin grafts and dont which to have anymore.
Dont give in to the peer pressure. Set her up the way you want to. I have taken off all the orange stickers and the front reflectors, I'm to lazy to remove the rear fairings to get to the back ones. You might want to think about taking the MSF BRC coures. But dont give in to your peers and ride above your skill level. Enjoy!

Just playing about the reflectors and stickers. It's an old joke around here. Everybody usually chimes in about them just for a laugh.

I couldn't imagine having Busa power and Buell aerodynamics but that's just me.  Anway, this is what I would aim for If I had time to build one!!

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127846941 -->

nakedbusa.jpg

Back