Nail in tire

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
I’m going to do it, I’m going to be a hypocrite and plug my rear BT14. This is the 5th nail this year that I have gotten in a rear tire, I replaced all the others. I know plugging a tire is not the best thing to do but I refuse to go out and buy another tire. So I will be the experiment for every one that has ever debated plugging a tire. I will be using a regular tire plug that you can pick up at any car parts store. I will also be putting a hundred miles a day and will be checking the air pressure twice a day. If the plug leaks at all then I will replace the tire

Have you pissed someone off or something. Or are the roads that bad in your area. Is it possible that someone is messing with your bike?

David

Have you pissed someone off or something. Or are the roads that bad in your area. Is it possible that someone is messing with your bike?

David
My Marines are pretty loyal, we have all been to the dirt and back together. This is SoCal so there is construction every where.

I would never worry about or doubt your Marines. It's the scumbags out on the fringes that tend to do the mischeif. Contractors, civilians and such. Sorry if I implied that your Troops were any thing less than the best.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134589472 -->

I would never worry about or doubt your Marines. It's the scumbags out on the fringes that tend to do the mischeif. Contractors, civilians and such. Sorry if I implied that your Troops were any thing less than the best.

David
Your good sir. I dont know whats happening. I have been driving the same route, more or less , for the last 4 years.

Not much you can do about what you cannot see. Just hope for the best. Or drive the car for a while...

David

By "regular tire plug" I hope you mean a patch/plug. That is the only thing I would come close to trusting in a rear tire on a bike. I wouldn't trust anything in the front!
biggrin.gif

Or drive the car for a while...
Blasphemy pure blasphemy sir!
I know...I know... But 5 tires can get expensive.

David
Now you sound like my wife  
biggrin.gif
Sorry, I missed lunch today and I'm feeling a little light headed just now. All Hands lasted almost 2 hours. So i'm not thinking clearly right now. Sorry about the car remark. It was out of line.

David

most would say that buying a new tire isn't worth the cost of tire failure causing more damage but i understand where your coming from
sad.gif

One Word ! Avons have ROAD HAZARD warrentys  
smile.gif
, Michelins don't, I KNOW because I went through two Pilots with less than 600 miles on either  
sad.gif

DO NOT PLUG THE TIRE, PATCH IT AND IT WILL BE FINE. ALSO I'LL TAKE YOUR OLD TIRES WITH THE HOLES, I'LL PAY SHIPPING
biggrin.gif

They are called a patch/plug for a reason. They are an interior patch that also has a plug. They are the only thing that is remotely suggested for a motorcycle tire.

Here are Dunlop's thoughts on it.. Click me!!

wink.gif

Back