N2O bottle filled with CO2

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

Just wondering if I am able to fill the N2O bottle that I have with CO2. I haven't used the bottle yet, and it will just be running a shifter, so no need for actual N2O. Plus it is more convenient for me as I don't have a close N2O provider (3hrs away). Would I just remove the dip tube and then put the assembly back together? Or should I just leave the dip tube in? Or would i just run it upside down with the dip tube in?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Is your air shifter setup on a paintball bottle valve or did you change it out for the nitrous valve? If you want to get your bottle filled by a paintball supplier you will have to change the whole valve out for the co2 Asa valve. You can get them from MPS. This is how mine is setup on my bike. It's funny because people think I have nitrous on it but I don't lol

It's a remote valve, so it's all good. However, I'm thinking I should just remove the dip tube and run the shifter on n2o as regs here in Canada are pretty stiff and they won't fill a bottle stamped with n2o with co2.

Is your air shifter setup on a paintball bottle valve or did you change it out for the nitrous valve? If you want to get your bottle filled by a paintball supplier you will have to change the whole valve out for the co2 Asa valve. You can get them from MPS. This is how mine is setup on my bike. It's funny because people think I have nitrous on it but I don't lol

I think I may do the same thing after seeing your setup and running out of air at the last PMRA. I don't see an ASA valve at MPS racing. You sure you got it there? Or is that what I already have from my CO2 air shifter kit?

I think I may do the same thing after seeing your setup and running out of air at the last PMRA. I don't see an ASA valve at MPS racing. You sure you got it there? Or is that what I already have from my CO2 air shifter kit?

Easiest thing to do is call them and tell them you need the co2 valve for your nitrous bottle. Ill try looking to see if I can find it real quick.

It's part number 1-0340 I think. Just call and double check with them before ordering though.

image-2476203359.jpg

Easiest thing to do is call them and tell them you need the co2 valve for your nitrous bottle. Ill try looking to see if I can find it real quick.

I dont think they'll let you fill it up regardless. If the bottle is marked that way, they're not allowed to risk it. Unless you know the guy there... I doubt they'll let you do it.

I dont think they'll let you fill it up regardless. If the bottle is marked that way, they're not allowed to risk it. Unless you know the guy there... I doubt they'll let you do it.

I've got my own fill station so its not a problem for me. All the bottles are pretty much the same so just don't put a nitrous label on it and you should be good.

Back