N00b question...

Goatkart

Registered
Define: Squid...

i see it tossed around alot, but its a term thats new to me in the sport bike world...

and no, i dont mean the creature of the sea LOL

A squid to me is a careless rider... I figure they're called squids cause of the way they slow down and shoot right past you over and over like a squid swims.

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'
Taken from Urban Dictionary

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'
Taken from Urban Dictionary

and more here:

Urban Dictionary: squid

An extremely rare animal with a short lifespan. Usually a new sport bike enthusiast with the reasoning of a lunatic, whom you might see thrashing on an R1 wearing sandals, shorts, and a tee.
When found lying motionless on the pavement, this creature transforms itself into a stream of blood, exposed flesh, and broken limbs. Hence the squid moniker.

Stupid
Quick
Underdressed
Imminently
Dead
Did you see that guy leave the showroom on the R6? Did you see what he was wearing? What a moron. That Squid.

Squid is a term used to define un-experienced riders, and riders who ride dangerously and stunt etc, and that is the extent of their abilities. The term originated in dirt bike riding, where new riders will often ride with their feet and legs dangling instead of on the foot pegs. The dangling appendages are said to look like a squid.

Hopefully these help...

pro-squid2.jpg

Squid.jpg

squid2.jpg

squid3.jpg

squid10117628vm.jpg

I must be a Semi-squid cuz sometimes I do ride with shorts and a T.
I do have lid and gloves so I guess that makes me semi.

My def of a squid
first , anyone with a rooster thing stuck on top of their helmet
second , anyone who rides with flip flops which I see alot of in Fl.
Third a person who is obviously on their first street bike and it's way too big for them.

And lastly a squid is :
ANYONE WHO THINKS HE CAN KEEP UP WITH BLANCA...:rofl:

I must be a Semi-squid cuz sometimes I do ride with shorts and a T.
I do have lid and gloves so I guess that makes me semi.

My def of a squid
first , anyone with a rooster thing stuck on top of their helmet
second , anyone who rides with flip flops which I see alot of in Fl.
Third a person who is obviously on their first street bike and it's way too big for them.

And lastly a squid is :
ANYONE WHO THINKS HE CAN KEEP UP WITH BLANCA...:rofl:

Perfect example of a squid! You never think your one even if someone points it out to you? :rofl:

An extremely rare animal with a short lifespan. Usually a new sport bike enthusiast with the reasoning of a lunatic, whom you might see thrashing on an R1 wearing sandals, shorts, and a tee.
When found lying motionless on the pavement, this creature transforms itself into a stream of blood, exposed flesh, and broken limbs. Hence the squid moniker.

Stupid
Quick
Underdressed
Imminently
Dead
Did you see that guy leave the showroom on the R6? Did you see what he was wearing? What a moron. That Squid.

WINNER!

Very Squidly ! :laugh:

Is that squid wearing loafers w/ white sport socks!!?? LMAO :rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stupid
Quick
Underdressed
Imminently
Dead

Extemely rare? Where do you live!?:rofl:

Back