N. Korea threatens US; world anticipates missile

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
This is serious, and I am surprised most of the media is covering other topics like Iran election voilence ... Rumor has it the crazy leader of N.K. wants to launch something at us on July 4th!

N. Korea threatens US; world anticipates missile - Yahoo! News

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. The ship, accused of transporting banned goods in the past, is believed bound for Myanmar, according to South Korean and U.S. officials.

The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in state of war.

The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.

Tensions have been high since North Korea launched a long-range rocket in April and then conducted its second underground atomic test on May 25.

Reacting to U.N. condemnation of that test, North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.

North Korea has banned ships from the waters off its east coast starting Thursday through July 10 for military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Wednesday that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.

A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.

South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members.

Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.

Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.

In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.

South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.

___

Associated Press writers Jae-soon Chang in Seoul; Pauline Jelinek, Pamela Hess and Lolita Baldor in Washington and Min Lee in Hong Kong contributed to this report.

Why can't we just have PEACE... Peace in this world !! This really sucks..???
We can't have peace because of people who do things like this. If we take a peaceful stance and just let them do their thing then they will eventually bring it to us. But if we take an active stance and go after them we are considered the bad guys or instigators. So instead we try to walk on the top of the fence. Either way sucks. But I prefer taking the fight to them.

That's just my view though. I would rather go back into the service and die fighting in some foriegn country than to have them here threatening my family.

But my views are skewed. :laugh: I would just take care of this in a different way :cheerleader: :whistle:

I don't think they will be successful if they actually launch something that could threaten the US.

If North Korea want nuclear weapons, I think we should give them a few. No need for UPS, we can send them express delivery via B2.

We can't have peace because of people who do things like this. If we take a peaceful stance and just let them do their thing then they will eventually bring it to us. But if we take an active stance and go after them we are considered the bad guys or instigators. So instead we try to walk on the top of the fence. Either way sucks. But I prefer taking the fight to them.

That's just my view though. I would rather go back into the service and die fighting in some foriegn country than to have them here threatening my family.

But my views are skewed. :laugh: I would just take care of this in a different way :cheerleader: :whistle:
What a heart of gold you have, as all our military men/woman have. And to risk your life for your family says so much,just as those who are in the military now, risking their life so we at home,can be safe..This topic is such a can of worms, I wish we could just have PEACE.. I also have a family member who was with the Seals,and is now SPECAIL OPERATIONS.. And our family worries daily for him. Can't we just have some PEACE...

Word is they are 500 miles short of Hawaii, but who knows for sure?

If that's true, and they launch something towards us anyway, it would appear they are simply sending an invitation for a hostile response.

They also are saying that NK is still having issue "attaching" nuclear warheads to their missles, but they don't tell us everything now do they~!~

Maybe it'll fall off in their own back yard. LOL

They also are saying that NK is still having issue "attaching" nuclear warheads to their missles, but they don't tell us everything now do they~!~

Maybe it'll fall off in their own back yard. LOL

Warhead by KIA, guidance by Hundai, DOH! thats right they are in the south:laugh:

Warhead by KIA, guidance by Hundai, DOH! thats right they are in the south:laugh:

Pretty much, and i OWN a kia...total pile of chit.

As for why we dont do it first: we dont want to be viewed as the aggressor in all of this. I would LOVE to see NK launch their only nuke at Hawaii. It would give us all the excuse in the world to bomb them back to the stone age.

I can see that conversation going a bit like this:

"Hey NK: thanks for firing on us! Sorry your lil missile didnt make it. By the way, our B2s will be visiting you within 8 hours, but we dont think you're going to like it. Hope you guys like glass, because thats what we're turning all your land into!"

Last edited:
Then how come we don't? and just get this over with?? It just needs to be over with...

That sounds like the best plan of all, and yeah I say that myself from time to time whenever we are at war with certain pieces of property.

However, it's just not that easy...the push of a button. Think of the civilians, the aftermath, America being called the terrorists, etc etc that would come out of it.

One push of the button, and we become the bad guys to the UN and most everyone else...unless special circumstances come into play.

We would have to be provoked more than a slap to get approval for something like that.

Too many problems and issues with this deal. Even a "limited" NW launch would be a mess... Korea is too close to our allies, and the innocent would pay for a crazy world leaders asperations, a strike there would have fall out reaching all over the east and if they bombed Hawaii the repercusions would be on a grand scale. The enviromental disaster would last for many many centuries ... it's just all bad. They need to reduce the threat imediately via talks or just take out the crazy man now.

I hate to read stuff like this and just wish that all the war troubles woud end. As well, it reminds me of what one of my neighbors wife "Korean" said openly about six months ago... Americans are not truely Americans anyway, they came overseas and we are now a mixture of all contries and we "Americans" don't really have any true background or heritage. I could feel my blood boil but as always I fear that we are overrun by so many in our country by others from other countries and we are so far out numbered already. You could tell that she just thinks it's funny because the way we have opened our doors for so long and they are open for good and they have more rights here then we do!

Then send our special ops, and pick em off. Do what we need to do to end this.. We just need Peace.. Why are we always the bad guys?? We just want Peace.. This is just really bad,no matter how we look at it.. WTF .. If we need to end it,to freakin have some Peace in this world , then push the :easy::easy: Button.. Lets just be done with this crap..:usa::usa:

why would they tell us if they were going to do it?

That's the thing...not that they are all empty threats, but they are obviously also a lot of talk. Right now they seem to be aggressively letting everyone know that they are breaking out of the treaties and sanctions. Why? That's a good question.

Why didn't they just act on it instead of letting everyone know that they are planning on being a bad boy?

Maybe we discovered a little too much a little too fast for their liking...

I hate to read stuff like this and just wish that all the war troubles woud end. As well, it reminds me of what one of my neighbors wife "Korean" said openly about six months ago... Americans are not truely Americans anyway, they came overseas and we are now a mixture of all contries and we "Americans" don't really have any true background or heritage. I could feel my blood boil but as always I fear that we are overrun by so many in our country by others from other countries and we are so far out numbered already. You could tell that she just thinks it's funny because the way we have opened our doors for so long and they are open for good and they have more rights here then we do!

I wonder how a Native American who's ancesters were run off the land they lived on and killed might feel about your statement?

Last edited:
Not to worry, if they do shoot something toward the US it will only hit somewhere in the Ocean and then we'll only condemn it at the UN. And we all know what that's worth :laugh:

Let's see, Pango Pango or whatever, got $200,000,000 for 20 Getmo Humanitarian Guest, so North Korea should figure at least a BILLION to not shoot any more lawn darts our way :laugh:

They'll have to really hit something for us to do anything anyway, Guam maybe :whistle:

Back