Mysterious electrical issues.- pls help

nachaya

Registered
My bike seems to have mysteriously died on me.....all electricals seem to be fine ( the oil indicator remains on ) all i tea is a click the pump too si not whining...charged the battery today but still no luck any ideas..suggestions
regds
AN

Lift the tank and look at the frame under seat, you are looking for the tip over switch, make sure it hasnt come loose. Also check your kickstand switch and clutch switch. It should be one of the three.

If you think it could be the clutch switch, simpley wiggle the two connectors on the back of it and see if that makes any difference... typically, when I have seen the clutch switch cause problems, either the connectors have come loose or there is some sort of break in the wires... however, I am not sure that the clutch switch would prevent the pump from priming...

The interlock for the clutch switch is on the back side of the clutch lever. And now that I think about it, Shawn is correct, it should still prime the pump.

The interlock for the clutch switch is on the back side of the clutch lever. And now that I think about it, Shawn is correct, it should still prime the pump.

Just to keep from overlooking the obvious, we're assuming that the kill switch is in the "Run" position, right?

yes kill switch is in the run position ...did the primary checks...only my left indicator ( including when the hazards switch is on ) works..

Thanks guys will check all switches and fuses tonight and come back . Cross my fingers it's not serious

Display is normal nothing out of the ordinary .....had to go out of town will check the switches etc tomorrow...any thing else I may need to do ??

Display is normal nothing out of the ordinary .....had to go out of town will check the switches etc tomorrow...any thing else I may need to do ??

is it showing check or a gear position. if its one of the switches (tipover, kickstand) other than clutch it would show chec, if youve had the levers off or changed them double check the install.

Friends thanks for all the help...it was a rat attack...:crowbar::crowbar: , had to get help to push start and went to a friends work shop for a quick solder job of a few wires near the fuse box. The bugger gobbled off 2" sections of 3 wires. All is well now...:banana:

Back