My Z’s Dunlop OEM rear @ 4800 miles

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Looks like I’ve done burnouts with it. Looked like this after my ride over the Sierras. Just made it eh? Already removed the wheel and ordered angled valve stems and a new PR. It’s a 180/55. How many more miles before the threads would show? :)

Mine (OEM Bt015) is looking like that at 2600 miles sigh...

I forgot, it’s a Dunlop Sportmax GPR 300 ‘something’ I think. :D The front looks fine and is good in the corners. The rear looks like they reversed the compound to soft in the middle and hard on the edges.:laugh: How many more miles until the threads would show I wonder.:confused: But for a hundred miles or so I was crossing the Sierras quite some distance from any services including phone service. Lucky day. My Busa came with some kind of Brickstones and the rear was gone at 3K miles. Have had Pilot Road 2s and 3s ever since.

Put a pilot road 5 on, and smile ;)

I can’t justify the price difference between the 4s or the 5s over the 2s and 3s. For me, the performance difference doesn’t add up to the price hike. I also didn’t like the turn in feel of the 3 or 4 fronts in the corners. 2s feel better to me.

Back