My wife's building a Hayabusa!

isiahstites

Registered
I have a bunch of hayabusa parts lying around the garage and I had planned on building another land speed bike with most of them. My wife has been non-stop talking about wanting a bike since we moved. So instead of building the race bike I decided to give the parts to her. She does all the work and I assist with the build. We spent a few hours today scrubing parts and putting the roller together.

It was fun to do this with my wife and of course our daughter was running around the shop all day, it doesn't get any better!

Scott

Mamma wrenching!

101_4914.jpg

101_4916.jpg

We have a roller!!

101_4920.jpg

101_4918.jpg

We have a future racer in the house!!

101_4919.jpg

When we started today this was a pile of parts. We put the tires on the rims, the brake rotors, cush drive, put the forks together after finding the best triples trees with the best bearings. Then we found the best shock out of three and hoarded all three shocks for the best bearings, shafts and nuts and bolts.

There were plenty of nuts and bolts taken from my "Hayabusa Only" nuts and bolts box!

Now that's the cutest thing Save that one.
I have pic of my oldest like that back when she was about 3. :thumbsup:

101_4919.jpg

What year are u building... I have a few parts laying around...

It's a smorgisbord......many different years of everything. Frame is an 05, forks are 99-00 I think, swingarm is a 03......all electronics and engine will be 03 and up.

Any help with any parts is grately appreciated!

Scott

I don't know in pic #2 she has the " Why did I marry you for if I have to do this look " :laugh:

Tell her the org is cheering her on :thumbsup: :laugh:

Oh and its good for you wife to show respect for Harley, wearing that shirt! :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

NIce. It's all fun and family until she smokes you out at the track then it's "war of the roses" :rofl::rofl:

That's very cool. My wife won't even discuss motorcycles with me!

isiahstites said:
It's a smorgisbord......many different years of everything. Frame is an 05, forks are 99-00 I think, swingarm is a 03......all electronics and engine will be 03 and up.

Any help with any parts is grately appreciated!

Scott

Hmmm..

I have left lower cover few scratches, tail cover few scratches, tail light no scratches, head light missing a tab I think...

PM me...

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Back