My wife says this is pathetic

Captain...I slute you. If it were not for your toys we would all be lost. Thks!
beerchug.gif

You can never have enough toys, ever!!!  The one who dies with the most toys still dies, but he had more fun getting there.

Later,

Steve
there is more truth to this statement than we will every really understand. My wife just shakes her head everytime I talk about a new toy. I am onto a new ATV now, looking at the new YFZ450 yamaha. I am also in the process of installing the audio/video equpment in my wifes trailblazer, have to wiat until the body shop finishes after some moron ran into her. I also have a Mustang, the busa, Gixx 750, Play station, Xbox, Duramax Diesel with DVD, and I can't list any more here. Let the competition begin.

Maybe is you put the family portrait on the front of the rack it would look better for her.

I love those toys man...looks like you have your home setup on a server, I likes a lot, and to think I still can't convince some businesses to get wired like that....must be my selling skills ;)

Captain... Lets see if this helps your cause with your wife..

First off, the upper left hand screen, is that Novell you are running? it looks like one of the Novell monitor screens? if it is Novell what version? if so you need to upgrade to Windows 2000 server minimum, being that Windows 2003 server is out might want to just go with that.

Why three monitors? just buy a Belkin Auto Sensing KVM switch, looks like you need ohhhh I would get the 4 device KVM

Dude!! close up that rack!! build an enclosed cabinet and pump some AC into that rack, you can get a good A/C unit at Sears I think.

Is that a compaq desktop lower left hand corner sitting under your rack with the key in it? dude you need a Dell

Hmm lets see what else? what kind of UPS system are you running? you need a kick but UPS to handle all of that.

How about wireless? nothing gets to a woman's heart faster than getting her a laptop and putting in a wireless network card and giving her high-speed internet access where ever she roams throughout the house.

What kind of router are you using? Cisco? if not tell your wife you need a Cisco router.. speaking of which, if you can get her to let you get a Cisco router, if you have not already been, tell her you need to go to a Cisco certification course

Are those 3 com superstacks in your rack? or are you just glad to see me? are they 100mb switchables?

What kind of Internet feed do you have running into the room? T-1? T-3? can never have enough bandwidth

Ok, cut out this and the rest, let her read the previous and tell her "see honey, you are lucky you have me, I could be worse"

Hope that helps
smile.gif

On a serious note.. nice setup dude!!!

Ron

Well Ron I tried using your logic and here's what she fired back with.

First off, the upper left hand screen, is that Novell you are running? it looks like one of the Novell monitor screens? if it is Novell what version? if so you need to upgrade to Windows 2000 server minimum, being that Windows 2003 server is out might want to just go with that.[/QUOTE]

No novell on the system you are looking at a screen from the firewall. We don't use windows on the servers, linux, freeBSD or Solaris.

Why three monitors? just buy a Belkin Auto Sensing KVM switch, looks like you need ohhhh I would get the 4 device KVM[/QUOTE]

Notice on the left side of the monitor stand there is a switch, it makes it much easier to see what is going on when you tail the log files on one, see the firewall on the other and run a netstat, ntop, or other similiar view with the third.

Dude!! close up that rack!! build an enclosed cabinet and pump some AC into that rack, you can get a good A/C unit at Sears I think.[/QUOTE]

The whole room is on its own system, its really not an office as much as a computer room. When we built the house the heat and air was interesting, you can run the air conditioner in the server room and the heater in the rest of the house. No need to go to sears

Is that a compaq desktop lower left hand corner sitting under your rack with the key in it? dude you need a Dell[/QUOTE]

Wifey says thats not a Dell, Dell sucks! That is a server but not a Dell, However if you look very closely you will a couple of proliant blade servers and a proliant 6500 quad proc server.

Hmm lets see what else? what kind of UPS system are you running? you need a kick but UPS to handle all of that.[/QUOTE]

The rack is on a APC Smartrack 3000 with extra batteries. It's on the bottom.

How about wireless? nothing gets to a woman's heart faster than getting her a laptop and putting in a wireless network card and giving her high-speed internet access where ever she roams throughout the house.[/QUOTE]

Wireless you say, 54 mb here in the office with my laptop, can go anywhere on the property now.

What kind of router are you using? Cisco? if not tell your wife you need a Cisco router.. speaking of which, if you can get her to let you get a Cisco router, if you have not already been, tell her you need to go to a Cisco certification course[/QUOTE]

Got Cisco? I do routers and certifications.

Are those 3 com superstacks in your rack? or are you just glad to see me? are they 100mb switchables?[/QUOTE]

Plaintree switches, two of em one in the rack and one in the wings waiting, yep 100mb.. I used to have 3Com how did you know.

What kind of Internet feed do you have running into the room? T-1? T-3? can never have enough bandwidth[/QUOTE]

Two T1's, I promise ya my wife said two is enough
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif
  every month when she gets the phone bill she gets  
hot.gif

hot.gif
 and I get  
all_coholic.gif

Thanks for the help.

CAp

1zhelp.gif

hot.gif

Well Darn, I tried lol

Yeah. I would hate to be around when the bill comes in every month.. I have an idea.. lets for for rides every month whent the bill id due!!!

Back