My warranty

blas32

Registered
I am going to be putting on my exhaust and was thinking of doing the small air box mod and the Pair. Is it worth doing and will it effect my warranty?

Did you buy the extended warrantee? If so, sell it back and do the mods. If it is the regular warrantee, do the mods and never walk into a dealer again.
wink.gif

That is what I would do, anyway.

Depending on how cool you are with your dealer...Like Narcissus said most mods will void your warranty so if you can't take it off without it being noticed you stand that chance...We've got a cool dealer here that takes pretty good care of us and will submit for warranty repair mods included in most cases...

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302©) .
Know your rights,know the law. Words of wisdom from Gixx1300R

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302©) .
Know your rights,know the law. Words of wisdom from Gixx1300R
muscle.gif

you da man, you da man..

Pft. Yeah, 'legally'.

Is there a law against dealer techs doing wheelies and stoppies on customers' bikes and breaking every other part on the bike trying to fix the original problem?

laugh.gif

Sorry, I have just seen way too much to not be cynical. Don't mind me.
sad.gif

Pft. Yeah, 'legally'.

Is there a law against dealer techs doing wheelies and stoppies on customers' bikes and breaking every other part on the bike trying to fix the original problem?

laugh.gif

Sorry, I have just seen way too much to not be cynical. Don't mind me.
sad.gif
actually there is.... if you take your bike in for repairs and they abuse the privilage they could lose thier insurance, thier buisness and many other things if caught and/or sue'd.
devil.gif

Small airbox mod... if ya leave in the flapper valve, you should be okay.

Exhaust... no biggie

Pair valve mod... that could void warranty on the powertrain.
If you are that concerned about your factory warranty, don't do the pair valve mod. Not that big of a difference to begin with considering your initial mods. Do that one after the warranty expires.

Keep in mind, if you go in for warranty repairs, make sure you remove/replace any related mods.

Cache.

Back