My video Camera Mount

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
ok, McTrull had asked me for some pictures of my video mount

Might not be the prettiest thing but it is functional.

I mounted on using the left mirror bolts, my reason for mounting it is as follows.

1) I really liked the mount that attaches to the gas tank cover, however for me there are two problems

a) I use a tank bag often and I could not use a tank bag with that camera mount

b) I have a ZG DB dark tinted wind screen. I don't think the video would look that great looking through a tinted wind screen

2) I also liked the stem mount camera mount, however the stem mount camera mount would have the following problems.

a) Same as (b) above, tinted windscreen issue

b) I am currently manufacturing my own platform that will hold my IPAQ and my cell phone, this connects to the stem

By mounting it on the fairing using the mirror bracket bolts, it is a stable video, does not interfere with my tank bag, no issues with the windscreen or the stem mount.

Here are some pic's

Dcp_1154.jpg

No vibration that would cause the bracket or the camera to tap the fairing?

No vibration that would cause the bracket or the camera to tap the fairing?
Nope -

The peice that is conncted to the fairing is bolted on using the two bolts that hold the mirror on, I placed a rubber gaskted between the bracket and tha fairing and the bracket is made of steel angle iron. Totall stable. Put rought 400 miles on the bike this weekend and no problems at all

that is why i didn't get the dark windshield
I wanted to be able to get my camera behind it.

Nice setup and not expensive

Looks solid. How do you attach the camera to the stand? Is it a bolt with a washer going through the plate to the base of the camera?

Thanks Thrasher. I like the concept, I am going to try to work on a modified version and will post the results when I get it worked out. I have the same problem with the windshield and this looks like what I need. The only concern I have is bug guts on the lens.

Bug guts on lens{yuk}
laugh.gif
Cool mount I like to see ingenuity looks good Thrasher..
beerchug.gif

Thanks all for the compliment.

The videos turned out awesome!!! I have to 82 minutes tapes of my ride to Santa Cruz and back this last weekend. I am just trying to edit them and trim them down so I can post them for people to check out.

I am working on something that will protect the lens from bugs / rocks etc.. I am hoping to have that done before Laguna, so at Laguna I will have my third gen video mount
smile.gif

I was thinking of using a UV lense for a 35mm camera. They are cheap and replacements are easy to find, they sell them at Walmart. Or maybe a polarized lense to reduce glare. I am working on it.

that looks really good man. Did you fabricate that yourself, or is that a kit you can get somewhere? I have plans to mount a camera once i get a bike (hayabusa or otherwise). Also, does anyone have any experience or know someone that has ever mounted a camera to a point lower than that? say, towards the piece that goes over the front wheel. (excuse my ignorance, i just have no idea the names for the parts yet.)

that looks really good man. Did you fabricate that yourself, or is that a kit you can get somewhere? I have plans to mount a camera once i get a bike (hayabusa or otherwise). Also, does anyone have any experience or know someone that has ever mounted a camera to a point lower than that? say, towards the piece that goes over the front wheel. (excuse my ignorance, i just have no idea the names for the parts yet.)
Mojo1094 -

Welcome to the board

Thanks for the compliment.

I fabricated it myself.

As far as lower, the only thing that comes to mind is someone posted a while back they bought a kit that allowed them to place a camera in the hump and there was an attachment that connected to the DV port that ran from the hump and into the high beam section of the nose cone. That seemed pretty cool

Back