My turbo installation

I'm not as experienced as you, but on my setup the return is below the turbo and it doesn't smoke.
My first incarnation didn't smoke for 15,000 miles
then started smoking BAD rebuilt the GT2876
still smoked
Ordered a RCC twin inlet dual scroll GT4088 setup still smoked

added the RCC mec scavenge pump no more smoke
so I spent 5k replacing m y turbo stuff "for nothing " hahahaha not really nothing

never seen anyone go thru the bottom of the pan, usually the side
wonder in drain back will be the same?
It's because of how the turbo oil line is. It's at bottom of turbo. I figured out why it leaks though. Drilled hole too big. Have to buy new oil pain and redrill

It's because of how the turbo oil line is. It's at bottom of turbo. I figured out why it leaks though. Drilled hole too big. Have to buy new oil pain and redrill
Made that mistake. You can find them used for around $50. Think gen one has a exhaust mounting bracket but they are the same I put a gen one on my gen 2.

My first incarnation didn't smoke for 15,000 miles
then started smoking BAD rebuilt the GT2876
still smoked
Ordered a RCC twin inlet dual scroll GT4088 setup still smoked

added the RCC mec scavenge pump no more smoke
so I spent 5k replacing m y turbo stuff "for nothing " hahahaha not really nothing
So did you ever figure out why it started smoking after 15k miles?

AND I mean SLIGHTEST figuring it was my POS ghetto header was kinda low
Imagine my horror when I spent 5k+ on a new header and turbo and it smoked JUST as bad
Oh well cause I really needed a reason to change from a GT2876 to a ball bearing GT4088 :cool:
and hey my wife can't tell the difference
40R’s are very tricky to get to gravity drain properly. Even if you do, a lot of times they’ll still smoke if you hit the brakes too hard.

Hello people I know it's been a while, but I've been out of states for work but here some more progression on the turbo busa. IG TURBEAU

Evil swingarm with chain guard and tire hugger ( not pictured)
Front and rear sprockets
Cush bearings
New front and rear rotors
Ceramic wheel bearings
Brock's window lowering links
Ek chain
Trac dynamics slammerz are on the way
Color match abs brake lines
2 in oil pan
And a few other things I can't tell you.

I'll post dynos and video once I'm back and keep you all updated on the bike.

Thanks for all your advice

SAVE_20200625_130412.jpeg

SAVE_20200625_130355.jpeg

SAVE_20200625_130400.jpeg

SAVE_20200609_180808.jpeg

So it's been a while and here's an update on the build. Bike made 247rwhp on 5 psi. However during tuning session, it kinda combusted. Found to have 70% leak down in cylinder one. Immediately stopped tuning and now I'm going to pull head to actually find out the extent of damage. But while I'm in there I was thinking of doing some engine work. If head isn't to bad should I get it ported? Definitely adding new pistons, rods, valves etc. But for pistons and rods, go with cp or wossner?

IMG_20201118_141445.jpg

IMG_20201113_140001.jpg

IMG_20201113_140643_680.jpg

So it's been a while and here's an update on the build. Bike made 247rwhp on 5 psi. However during tuning session, it kinda combusted. Found to have 70% leak down in cylinder one. Immediately stopped tuning and now I'm going to pull head to actually find out the extent of damage. But while I'm in there I was thinking of doing some engine work. If head isn't to bad should I get it ported? Definitely adding new pistons, rods, valves etc. But for pistons and rods, go with cp or wossner?

View attachment 1629755

View attachment 1629756

View attachment 1629757
Nice Mustang in the back ground....my buddy had one of those in red...he traded it for a '14 in red and just bought a '20 GT PP1 (in red).

Back