My trackday report from the Streets Of Willow

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I had a blast!!!    
biggrin.gif

The conti 190/55 sport attacks did awesome.  My favorite turns were turn 3(the 180 degree left turn) and the bowl(180 degree right turn).  My favorite series of turns was turn 4,5,6, and 7.  Turn 4 is the slowest of the four and each turn is faster and faster until you get to the bowl!

The final 3 corners before the start/finish straight were painfully slow.  Only 10% of the time could I ride the proper line.  It was soo slow, it was really hard to put the busa where I wanted it.

Here's the track diagram;

streetsofwillow.gif

My wife bought me this video session.  It was awesome because you never get to watch yourself when you ride.  I had never been to this track and this video session was my 3rd session of the day.  No comments about my lines on the final 3 corners, those esses are sooo frigg'in slow for the busa  
crazy.gif

You can see on Lap 1 that I really pulled away from him.  The difference between street tires and race slicks.  Both of our tires were cold and I was "taking it easy" on cold tires.  But slicks are really slick when cold compared to street tires. On Lap 2 he caught up to me.

After this session, I was bumped up to Sport group(level II)!  In Street group(level I), only passes on the outside are permitted.  But in Sport group both inside and outside passes are allowed.  The video was shot while I was in Street group.

Here's the link to the video;

Trackday video!

The painfully slow 3 final corners, that's the video bike behind. I tried but could never lose him
tounge.gif

St_Willow_4.jpg

Looks like fun. I'm still waiting to see if i'm going to get Stationed at Edwards AFB or not. I should find out in the next week or two. Will definately have to check out this track! Looks like you were doing just fine on the busa!!!
bowdown.gif

Final slow corner exiting on the main straight, trying to give it as much gas as possible without losing the rear
biggrin.gif
Weeeeeee

St_Willow_5.jpg

The 2nd corner in the painfully slow final 3 esseses. You think the photographer could have walked over to the bowl to take a few shots
all_coholic.gif

St_Willow_8.jpg

The start/finish straight, video guy doing a small wheelie. He does a lot of them in the video
biggrin.gif

St_Willow_99.jpg

LOOK!!!!

Its a 3 wheeled busa with a passenger,

I call it the strech busa, kinda a limo but not really
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

St_Willow_999.jpg

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Back