My thoughts on the Auction site.

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
I very happy to see that the site now has a auction site and can have some type structured income comming in.

Im also sure that a ton of work went into it..

I just can't get used to it!

Is there anyway to have a sales section like we had but also contribute to the site. Maybe charge a fee to start a post in the "sales" section or have a membership fee to post there and % of sales price awarded to H.Org?

Im all for helping the site and almost feel guilty putting things on the bay when we have our own "HBay", I just can't get into using it.

So if we can do something cool, and if this post seems off the wall to everyone just let it sink down into the depths of the forum..

Thanks.

It may be more complicated but its the way that it has to be.... Change is sometimes hard to deal with. I must find a way to to keep enough money coming in to pay for itself.

(captain @ Oct. 15 2006,16:07) It may be more complicated but its the way that it has to be.... Change is sometimes hard to deal with. I must find a way to to keep enough money coming in to pay for itself.
I fully hear ya Cap. I was just kicking some thoughts around. Im due for a donation soon.. I wish there was a way to generate some more $$$ for the site.

(captain @ Oct. 15 2006,13:07) It may be more complicated but its the way that it has to be.... Change is sometimes hard to deal with. I must find a way to to keep enough money coming in to pay for itself.
sorry cap not trying to complian just slow to accept changes

I personally think it is better. easier to look for specific items.

In the past if I were to look for something to purchase I usually went to ebay, it was the easiest way to find something.

It was too much of a pain to try and do a search for things in the sales section.

I think the auction site makes it way more simple to buy and sell.

If a person knows how to use ebay ( which most people do) they should not have very much difficulty adapting the the org auction site

Just takes getting used to. like Tfox says it is faster to look for specific items.

i like it. bought a couple things and sold 2
working on selling some more

And where did you get a picture of my wife for your avatar
argue.gif
??

lol

(spkerhed @ Oct. 15 2006,18:19)
(captain @ Oct. 15 2006,13:07) It may be more complicated but its the way that it has to be.... Change is sometimes hard to deal with. I must find a way to to keep enough money coming in to pay for itself.
sorry cap not trying to complian just slow to accept changes
I dont think that you are complaining but change is tough sometimes.... If I can get everyone over to the auction site everything will fall into place..... Hopefully I wont have to ask for donations and the site will just keep on a runnin...... I know everyone is wanting to help keep the place going so the absolute best thing I could ask you all to do is jump in head first to the auction site and figure it out. Once you have done that and you get over the first time jitters I think you guys will all want to use the auction portal...... Help me help you by trying something new....

CAp

Back