My Suzuki dealer loves me .

You talkin Action motorcycles or one of the others here bro.

Rubb.

Action loved me but then I made them a lot of money during the three years I worked there. They might not like me as much now that I've decided to not buy a new Katana. :confused:

PS: Great banner. I have one of those too. :thumbsup:

Action loved me but then I made them a lot of money during the three years I worked there. They might not like me as much now that I've decided to not buy a new Katana. :confused:

PS: Great banner. I have one of those too. :thumbsup:
I don't blame you for not buying a new Katana...Suzuki screwed that thing up. The Katana used to be known as a cutting edge design in the day, now it is just a parts bin drag through IMO

I don't blame you for not buying a new Katana...Suzuki screwed that thing up. The Katana used to be known as a cutting edge design in the day, now it is just a parts bin drag through IMO
I have to say tho that I do like the look of the new katana compared to how they looked 15 or 20 years ago. Almost had I think it was a 2000 model 600 about but luckily I held out and got my old 2000 gsxr instead. I still miss that bike but since I traded it in on the busa I feel it was on to let it go.

I have to say tho that I do like the look of the new katana compared to how they looked 15 or 20 years ago. Almost had I think it was a 2000 model 600 about but luckily I held out and got my old 2000 gsxr instead. I still miss that bike but since I traded it in on the busa I feel it was on to let it go.

I honestly don't consider anything after '86 a Katana and even the Gen 2 Katana ('84,'85,'86) was a bit of a stretch but was closer to the original at least. I had a gen 2 '86 from '87 until last year when I handed it down to my eldest son.

Both my sons have 750 GSX750F '99 and '06 (Katana) and the later bike (06) no longer sported the "Katana" name.

I would like to find a clean 750 mid 2000's katana to rob the motor / carbs for the wifes 600 bandit .
Only about 5 more hp but mid 50's tq vs 40 lb tq in her 600

I would like to find a clean 750 mid 2000's katana to rob the motor / carbs for the wifes 600 bandit .
Only about 5 more hp but mid 50's tq vs 40 lb tq in her 600

Find an oil boiler GSXR 750 and put it in there...she's see a huge difference..of course with your skills, you could put GSXR cams and carbs on her bike and it would be very similar as the 600 Bandit/Katana share the same "bones" as the '86 GSXR 750.

A friend of mine put on in his mid '90s 600 Kanatuna and it was quite the sleeper...he had to upgrade everything as the original suspension couldn't handle the power.

I quite like the new Katana. I always enjoyed riding the GSX-S1000 that it's based on and the Katana adds unique styling to an already competent package.

The new Kat didn't need to be a re-hash of the original, it's better (to me) that it's a modern take on the '82 bike that can stand on its own merits. Besides, I already have an '83 Katana in my garage if I want to eye-f*ck those sexy lines. :thumbsup:

At the end of the day it was the pricetag that stopped me. Even though they still applied a staff discount to the bike, it was going to be just north of $16K (Cdn) all-in which is more than I want to spend on something that could fall over in the driveway.

I quite like the new Katana. I always enjoyed riding the GSX-S1000 that it's based on and the Katana adds unique styling to an already competent package.

The new Kat didn't need to be a re-hash of the original, it's better (to me) that it's a modern take on the '82 bike that can stand on its own merits. Besides, I already have an '83 Katana in my garage if I want to eye-f*ck those sexy lines. :thumbsup:

At the end of the day it was the pricetag that stopped me. Even though they still applied a staff discount to the bike, it was going to be just north of $16K (Cdn) all-in which is more than I want to spend on something that could fall over in the driveway.

This is why there are so many bikes as each person has their own tastes. The original design like your '83 is the best design by far...it is a timeless design. Even my '86 was often mistaken for a much newer bike as it's design was also timeless..

The new Katana certainly doesn't do it for me and in my opinion it is another bike Suzuki messed up. Is it better than the teapot Katanas-sure it is.

Back