My stage 1 turbo bike made 258 HP today

Sorry man, I call it like I see it. I can be more honest because when I build bikes for people I do it because I enjoy it, not because my mortgage depends on it. And I've done many. Stage 1s all the way up to, and just recently a super ultra. Haven't melted one yet.

Just out of curiosity, why did you do turbo pistons? The rods are the weak point. And if you did it to lower the compression a simple .08 base spacer would of done the trick.

I bought the bike this way for $8500. All the work was already done. All I did was have it tuned. I think the previous owner swapped the pistons because he was going to go stage 2 or 3 later.

I am curious, what does that kind of power feel like on the street?

The bike actually feels slow compared to my S1000RR until I get to 8k rpm, Once I hit 8K it pulls like a fighter plane and is hard to hang onto. It wants to leave without me on it. from 150 to 220 Mph it is a blurr that happens in a few seconds.

Sorry man, I call it like I see it. I can be more honest because when I build bikes for people I do it because I enjoy it, not because my mortgage depends on it. And I've done many. Stage 1s all the way up to, and just recently a super ultra. Haven't melted one yet.

I'm not sure what you think you "see", but I know what I see - someone contradicting himself. All Stage Ones melt pistons eventually? Except the ones you've built? . . .:rofl:

Do you tell your customers that their bikes are going to melt before or after you take their money?

You know nothing about me or what motivates me. I guess because I do this for a living, I can't be honest? FYI, there are a few of us out there that are enthusiasts - we race, we ride, we have been doing this for a very long time. I have lost more sales being honest with customers than I can count. I will always let someone know what they need to get to their goal, the total package. You just cannot stay in business over thirty years without being truthful with your customers, and without enjoying what you do.

Again, I appreciate any and all comments and opinions . . . don't make it personal, 'cause its not.

Murderedout07 I think it's low rent to call out a sponsor without personal knowledge of their business practices. I would think that the people that make this forum possible should at least get our respect until they prove they don't deserve it.

Frank has tuned many bikes on the org. including mine and none of us have had any problems. Anytime I ask frank a question, he is always straight forward with me and lets me know of any pro's and con's with anything that I want to change or upgrade. And to be just plain honest, I would trust him with everything and anything I need being that he has been doing this for over 3 decades...:thumbsup:

you ever get in an argument with someone where you are both arguing the same point with different aspects? LOL

if you add boost compression is an issue. shim, different pistons... whatever. throw a turbo onto stock compression, and you will have issue... if you spool!

drop the compression a couple points... fine. until you start getting serious boost numbers and at that point... stronger internals required.

what if you only ran a 4-5 spring on the stock piston's(.08 spacer)....on 93 pump....but ran c16 up to 8-10 psi......would the stock pistons still melt

The bike actually feels slow compared to my S1000RR until I get to 8k rpm, Once I hit 8K it pulls like a fighter plane and is hard to hang onto. It wants to leave without me on it. from 150 to 220 Mph it is a blurr that happens in a few seconds.
Holy crap . . . . :eek::eek::eek:

Murderedout07 I think it's low rent to call out a sponsor without personal knowledge of their business practices. I would think that the people that make this forum possible should at least get our respect until they prove they don't deserve it.
So true Arch, my thoughts exactly.

Back