My "Snow Bird Project"

All of these chrome pieces are getting powder coated also. The pieces are going either satin black or white. The exhaust is the very next mod to change on this thing. Really really want to turbo this machine so badly

Seriously love that themed bike in the picture at the National Cemetary.... Very well done sir.... BZ!!!

Seriously love that themed bike in the picture at the National Cemetary.... Very well done sir.... BZ!!!

TY! i went there with full intentions to do more but, the mood and the feeling of the place took over and I just couldnt do it. Even snapping that one picture riddled me with guilt. I didnt want to trivialize their sacrifice by taking pictures of a motorcycle over their resting place.

Great job on your bike. :thumbsup:

Do people that see your bike in person know what it is?

On one hand if it ever got stolen it would be easy to spot.
On the other, would hate to have someone run into you trying to see the images better.

Question - in post #42 the second image has white mirrors and in images #4 and beyond they are black.
Can you explain?

Do you have any idea how much you spent on the remake of this bike?

Great job on your bike. :thumbsup:

Do people that see your bike in person know what it is?

On one hand if it ever got stolen it would be easy to spot.
On the other, would hate to have someone run into you trying to see the images better.

Question - in post #42 the second image has white mirrors and in images #4 and beyond they are black.
Can you explain?

Do you have any idea how much you spent on the remake of this bike?

Awesome questions. Let me answer them even if in backwards order a tad. When I saw the bike in my brain I had this idea that all of the white and camo patterns would go great with chrome accents. When I picked it up at GZ Sign Design in Roselle, IL whom did the wrap the first thing I saw was that chrome windscreen and how it didnt flow. That goes to say with that black seat and the black mirrors.. I ran out of money with this all so I had to rattle can the mirrors and windscreen until a better option can be made.

I also wrapped the seat in white vinyl versus the black.

People see the bike and the very first question "Is that a wrap?" and when I say yes you can see on their face a little bit of oh....ok like bummed out. They dont see the white frame, swing arm, forks that all had to be taken apart to get white. They only see the giant sticker. Next they slow down and see the emblems of all the services or the support your troops one and THEN they look and see all the other images. THEN it click what it is and they enjoy it. The comment i get most is "Oh wow, a call of duty bike" when I then tell them No, maybe "call to duty" they then dont get it. I shake their hand and they are on their way.

When I go to gas stations I plan to be there a minute typically HA HA

As for cost the vinyl wrap would typically cost $1200 if you walked in off the street and requested a one off design like such. I have just about $650 in powdercoat and then the funds to rebuild the forks. All of the accessories do add up even though typically they are all $100 abouts. The covers I think were $125 and up. The frame covers alone were damn near $130 I think. Again all estimated. So when its added up not a lot of retail dollars as I did all of the muscle work with the help of a friend to rebuild the forks after I goofed on the first try rolling the seal on reassembly. A friend here and there to muscle the bike on and off my wood blocks or make shift stands for additional support.

Chrome windscreen just didnt flow

20140712_163752.jpg

20140712_163956.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

I personally like the stock exhaust as it has a matte type finish which blends well with the matte texture of the wrap.
I wonder if anyone has removed just one of the stock exhausts? And kept the one on the right side? ???
Will be interesting to see if you ride it a lot, how well all the bugs etc clean off the wrap and how well it holds up.

Yes you can turbo it and that would get rid of both exhausts but you only have one front rotor, so keep that in mind. :whistle:

the cleaning part is extremely easy as the matte finish requires a degreaser to not shiny or blur the finish on the vinyl so they do come off pretty easily. The white is super easy to clean as I can halfway wipe it down and you cant tell. With chrome I didnt have that luxury as the streaks would show bad.
The part that does indeed suck is if I get caught in the rain. people see my head dip down when the rain drops fall and they probably think I dont wanna get wet but in fact its just I dont want to be there wiping this big girl down for the next hour plus ha ha ha ha

Back