My Situation....

NO WAY! Wait a while and then offer for her to move in with you! Don't give her the opportunity to hold her house over your head. Been there a done that. Married a Yugoslavian girl from Utica and when it didn't work out, I left with basically nothing.

Last edited:
+1 on what Blanca said.

If you've been together for any decent amount of time,you will more then likely lose her if she wants to commit to the next level and you aren't. So the question is... Is she worth keeping?

If you do decide to move in together. Sit down and make up some ground rules such as bill paying. Football night with the guys etc... You can still have your freedom and like in the same household. For some people they get more cause the partners feel more secure.

1st question I want to ask that nobody else has is how long have you two been together ?
If it's only a couple months then ok slow down but if it's been six months or closer to a yr then just me I would say your trying to have your cake and eat it to .
Are you two and have you two been the only ones your seeing or is it still an open relationship where you both are together with poss of seeing others ?

After several months of being together it is only natural she would want to move in and become a 'couple' rather than just boyfriend and girlfriend dating ?
Does she want to move in to your house/apt or you move into hers ?
Either way that can become very tricky and a prob cuz first arguement comes up it will be 'this is MY place' and not yours . If you two are both renting apts if and when you are ready to move in together I suggest you get a new place together so it will be 'y'alls' place and not place of one or the other.
If you move in together will it still be equal shares for all bills or will you be expected to 'man' up and pay all ?

BUT if you move in together just think of all the extra money you will have left over for more guns and mods on your bike :laugh:

yeah what they said

well I have to say that honesty is the best policy. If you aren't in it whole heartedly then it would be a bad idea to live together. If she doesn't understand now she will later. Take your time, enjoy you life, and move at your pace. Everything else is just small change. Besides she should enjoy living separately she doesn't have to clean up after you. LOL Just kidding. :thumbsup::rofl:

Don't EVER do something you don't want to do. That is not a good way to start a long term relationship. If she feels you aren't worth the wait, then she'll leave, and you'll know you did the right thing. Or you'll miss her so much that you'll end up on her porch sobbing like a little girl, begging her to take you back, then you'll move in, get married and be her manservant for life. :rofl:

I may be laughing, but some of you guys know its the truth.

Set them Down Look them right in the eye.
And ask them what do you want from me.
And ask them what can they do for you.
And see what they say.

"Ask them", you mean like her boobs?? My wife gets annoyed sometimes when I talk to hers and they never seem to answer me... :rofl:

my suggestion...you have doubts. act on them. its your subconcious telling you something. if she cant understand then that means shes not the right one. and what ever happend to not living together till married?

1st question I want to ask that nobody else has is how long have you two been together ?
If it's only a couple months then ok slow down but if it's been six months or closer to a yr then just me I would say your trying to have your cake and eat it to .
Are you two and have you two been the only ones your seeing or is it still an open relationship where you both are together with poss of seeing others ?

After several months of being together it is only natural she would want to move in and become a 'couple' rather than just boyfriend and girlfriend dating ?
Does she want to move in to your house/apt or you move into hers ?
Either way that can become very tricky and a prob cuz first arguement comes up it will be 'this is MY place' and not yours . If you two are both renting apts if and when you are ready to move in together I suggest you get a new place together so it will be 'y'alls' place and not place of one or the other.
If you move in together will it still be equal shares for all bills or will you be expected to 'man' up and pay all ?

BUT if you move in together just think of all the extra money you will have left over for more guns and mods on your bike :laugh:

This is awesome advice. The only thing I have to add is this: if you are going to have a serious talk with her, don't do it in a public place. All of my girlfriends and I say the same thing. "So you are bringing me to a public place so that I do not cry and embarrass you?" Plus we do not like to get all emotional in public.

hell no you are not wrong. u know what's best for you. when you are ready and the right girl comes along you will know

Thank you for all of your advice. I've decide NOT to move in to her house because I am quite content living in my own place with my own rules. Being single has many advantages and freedom is the best advantage. I have been married for most of my adult life however now that I am on my third year of being single and I'm really enjoying it. My girlfried says she still wants to be with me so I guess shes accepting the fact that I don't want to move in. I think at this point it's the best thing to do.......det45

Just give both yourselves some time. Obviously the girl cares for you and it shows that she wants to give it a chance. You've been burned so it may take some time to get over that. I will tell you IMHO that being single for a long time is overrated and if you can ever find the right person...

is there no other way she can think of to further the relationship? why is moving in together have to be the next phase/step to grow the relationship? Is it she wants more time with you? She wants to know your home habits? What's the reason for moving in together? Share the costs?

Back