My second track day

cougar694u

Registered
WTF? It doesn't show anything, nor will it let me edit.

Here's what I originally put:

I went to MSR Houston for the second time and had a blast! I haven't pulled the pics off my camera to see if there are any cool pics or vids, but someone else got a few good pics.

After the second session, I noticed an oil drop under my bike, which it's NEVER leaked before (except that time a car cracked the engine case, lol!). I got to lookin and it was coming out on the left side at the oil cooler line where it bolts to the cooler.

I pulled it apart and went hunting for an o-ring, but couldn't find one. I cleaned it all up, put it back together, and fired it up only to find it leaking directly under where it bolts up. There was a microscopic hole on the side of the cooler where oil was seeping out. I'm not sure if a rock nicked it, or if it was just weak, but I hauled arse into town and picked up another cooler and went back out for the last two sessions.

The only guy taking pics was outside the tire wall at T17, so there all pretty much the same angle:

My brother is behind me on his 04 750:
133735992-L.jpg

133758377-M.jpg

Lookin at the camera, leaving T16 about to enter T17 (basically becomes one long turn):
133745260-L.jpg

The +1" on the rear seemed to make a big difference from when I first went out. I couldn't ever go WOT because it just wanted to launch. I'd roll on and it'd start to lift, so I'd just shift and keep going. When my brother was behind me, he said an R1 passed him and stayed on my ass in the corners and try to pass on the straight. I never noticed, but my brother said he sped up, got close to passing, then I just walked away like nothing, LOL!

laugh.gif
@ the R1, thats great.

Cool pics, your visor is very clean it looked like you didnt have on in one pic.

Your busa looks great out there on the track. I am going to my first track day this year this weekend at Jennings GP in Florida. What tires are you running and how have they lasted? I just got some Pilot Power 2ct's and thought I would give them a try. I usually run Pirelli's.

Lookin great dude!!!
beerchug.gif

Nothing beats trackdays (except racing)
wow.gif

I'm running the Dunlop Qualifiers at 31/29, with this being their second track day. I got them the day before my first track day (august 06), and haven't put many miles on my bike since. I'm starting to notice wear from the track, but I didn't notice any from the street (even took them on a couple hundred mile road trip to Galveston). To me, they feel about the same as the Pilot Powers I had before, but I never ran the Powers on the track.

**EDIT**
Once these are done, I'm going to a 55 on the rear vs the 50 series tire.

Hey Cougar649U-- Just saw this post-- I am planning to go to Motorsport Ranch ,Cresson Tx on April 30, for my first Track day. Cant seem to get anyone else interested in going yet. Well -one friend wants to go-- but he is lacking a sport bike(has an HD softail).

Back