My Ride Through the Mountains Yesterday GoPro Vid

What was your riding buddy on? It seemed to take off with authority and looked like it made your Busa work.
He's riding a '89 GSXR1100K with 40,000kms on it, a very tidy bike, very fast as well, I've ridden it hard for good distances, and you have to rev the thing to make it work but boy does it like the revs! She's good for 260kmh and I've tailed him at that speed, but that is close to red line in top gear for that bike . . . unlike the BUSA!!
At 160kmh the Busa is at 5,200rpm, his bike is at 6,500rpm, so gives you an idea of the difference in gearing.
When he's on my tail at 120kmh and I go to pass a car in top gear and open the throttle (a bit), he has to go down to 4th gear (his bike is a 5 speed) to stay with me.
The Busa has way more torque and it shows in instances like that.
He also has a very tidy '88 GSXR1100J that he's had for 25 years.
That is also a very fast bike. :bowdown:

I never went above 8,000rpm on that ride, so not really working the Busa hard at all.

His Gixxer did well, it appeared to me he pulled away pretty readily whenever he wanted. I couldn't hear the revs on your bike very well but that makes sense to me.

My riding buddy has a 750 Honda and I often let him lead and sometimes he pulls away, to an on-looker it would seem I was struggling to keep up but we Busa riders know the reality.

He's riding a '89 GSXR1100K with 40,000kms on it, a very tidy bike, very fast as well, I've ridden it hard for good distances, and you have to rev the thing to make it work but boy does it like the revs! She's good for 260kmh and I've tailed him at that speed, but that is close to red line in top gear for that bike . . . unlike the BUSA!!
At 160kmh the Busa is at 5,200rpm, his bike is at 6,500rpm, so gives you an idea of the difference in gearing.
When he's on my tail at 120kmh and I go to pass a car in top gear and open the throttle (a bit), he has to go down to 4th gear (his bike is a 5 speed) to stay with me.
The Busa has way more torque and it shows in instances like that.
He also has a very tidy '88 GSXR1100J that he's had for 25 years.
That is also a very fast bike. :bowdown:
Kudos on him to keep riding the old gal and riding it like it should be ridden. They were a great bike in their day. It would be demoralizing for him if you were to pass him at 260kms/hr I figure...

Kudos on him to keep riding the old gal and riding it like it should be ridden. They were a great bike in their day. It would be demoralizing for him if you were to pass him at 260kms/hr I figure...
I would never do that, passing at that speed is a bit dicey, I would rather sit behind and monitor speed and conditions etc.
It's very seldom that the road is clear enough and also the risks at those speeds for anything bad happening is pretty high . . I'm happier at below 250kmh :confused:

I would never do that, passing at that speed is a bit dicey, I would rather sit behind and monitor speed and conditions etc.
It's very seldom that the road is clear enough and also the risks at those speeds for anything bad happening is pretty high . . I'm happier at below 250kmh :confused:

I hear that and agree...I would rather enjoy the ride.

Here's the second leg of this ride, Bealey Hotel to Otira, plenty of stop/go road works etc, but still worth the ride . . .

Back