My review of my 2005 Busa

cbibb

Registered
This is my first Busa that I have ever ridden. I just gave my wife my R1. Let me just say how impressed I am by this bike. From what everyone said I thought it was going to be a dog in the corners. I am impressed at how easy this thing turns into the corners for being such a big bike. And this is coming from a previous R1 owner. And it accelerates effortlessly. I really love this bike and I am glad I made the switch. The only small complaint that I have is that it is pretty buzzy at about 5000 rpm. I am sure that it will get better as I get some miles on it. I went for a 150 mile ride today and was smiling the whole time. Now it is time for the moddin to begin!!!

welcome and where are some pics of the bike(s)....
cool.gif

Congrats, and welcome! It just goes to show you that most of the 'Non-Busa' sportbike owners don't really know what this bike is like. If they have ever ridden on, they would settle for anything else!

beerchug.gif

Oh, and pics please!
cool.gif

congrats! Welcome!
It will have a slight buzz @ around 5k. Cool thing is, ya don't have to look @ the speedo, you know your'e at 90mph!

Oh yea....post pics!

Congrats and thanks for the review! And also, welcome to the board! Did anyone say post pics?
biggrin.gif

congrats
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the board. Post some pictures mate... we all love pictures around here!!
biggrin.gif

Had mine less than a week and love it. I've already see 160 and that was in fifth gear. OMG!

And my other toy----->

The mirrors have bee changed since this picture.
Mad`

ya when I first got mine, I was a little apprehensive about the heat, ratttles, and false nuetrals. None of the three are on the radar after a few k miles. After this fall, I wish I had MORE heat comin' outa her
smile.gif

AWESOME bike.

I too like the Busa but I am still wanting more in the corners. Was told a front sprocket change would help. My R1 is still a favorite but mama still says it has to go...

I will keep listing in the paper as well as the classifieds, but I will be damned if it is just going to sit around...
laugh.gif

This is my first Busa that I have ever ridden. I just gave my wife my R1. Let me just say how impressed I am by this bike. From what everyone said I thought it was going to be a dog in the corners. I am impressed at how easy this thing turns into the corners for being such a big bike. And this is coming from a previous R1 owner. And it accelerates effortlessly. I really love this bike and I am glad I made the switch. The only small complaint that I have is that it is pretty buzzy at about 5000 rpm. I am sure that it will get better as I get some miles on it. I went for a 150 mile ride today and was smiling the whole time. Now it is time for the moddin to begin!!!
My sentiments exactly...I came off a highly tuned '01 FZ1 (both suspenders and engine) and this stock busa actually handles better than my FZ1 did and FAR better than my FZ after I set-up and adjusted/tuned static sag on my busa's legs. And as far as engine wise?...no contest...I was proud that I had my FZ spinning out 138rwhp after jetting, tuning and full yosh exhaust but that obviousely dosen't hold a candle to the busa's power...as stock.

As far as your vibes at 5Krpms issue goes?...let her break-in then put a good synching on the Throttle-Bodys...mine gets some cyclic vibes that start at about 90mph in top gear then smooths out again by 100 or so but as I understand it the busa dosen't have a true counter-balance shaft (just a tiny crank balancer/damper assy) so some vibes are to be expected at certain revs/speeds.

Conrats & Welcome, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116919145 -->

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! As soon as I can borrow a digital camera I will post some pics. I am planning on spending alot more time on this board (that is when I am not riding!!!) Be safe guys/gals.

Welcome, we wont hold the "Y" thing against you.....

Though it might delay you being shown the secret handshake.......
tounge.gif

Back