My Recent Mods

Guyver

Registered
My bike is a 2007 Hayabusa Euro, which came from France and I managed to get registered and plated in California; don't ask me how. Bought it for $4,500.00 with 4,600 miles on it. Slapped some Qualifiers on it, already burned through my first rear, and a Zero Gravity windscreen. The bike has a full Yoshimura RS3 exhaust, an ignition kill and alarm and now the other mods have begun...Muhahaha!

TheBlueFalconSmall.jpg

Recently Done:

Changed orange instrumentation LED lighting to blue. This was a PITA to do and required disassembling the front end and the instrument cluster. Then you had to remove all the needles and gauges and de-solder 26 teeny tiny LEDs mounted on the circuit board and then solder 26 other teeny tiny LEDs in their place. The end result was worth it though.

IMG_5947.jpg

Installed grilles in all bodywork openings for a great style change. Airflow is unaffected. This wasn't such a major hassle at all and was done at the time I did the instrument lighting change because I was already taking the front end off.

IMG_5941.jpg

Installed 8,000k HID lighting for high and low beams. Very nice light output with a subtle blue color and an excellent light spread.

IMG_5946.jpg

Last edited:
Installed 12 VDC charging system in the compartment under the rear seat for cell-phones, GPS devices or whatever.

Installed Kuryakyn Mini-Dagger foot pegs. This cost me just over $200.00 for front and rear and the adapters and was crazy; however, I loved the way the pegs looked when I saw them and they also lowered the front pegs down about an inch, which is great for my long legs.

IMG_5942.jpg

7520-2.jpg

Installed ASV "Unbreakable" levers. For $200.00 these babies turned out to be worth it. A slight mod to the clutch lever safety switch plate was necessary. Most likely due to my bike being a Euro model. I got the shorty levers and they pivot both inward and outward to keep from breaking if the bike is dumped. They are also adjustable beyond what Pazzo levers could even dream of and guaranteed against breakage for five years.

IMG_5943.jpg

In the works:
Yamaha R1 throttle tube mod (provides a shorter throw throttle), different grips, Kanji symbol brake caps, helibars (raises the bars up and sets them back for a more upright riding style) and a New Image or Corbin seat.

I've spoken to him and he is a great down to earth guy. Seems he got screwed by Tobin and his wife.

Nice "Mods" :beerchug:

I was looking at those pegs not ot long ago,but was unsure how'd they look on a busa. If it wouldn't be to much trouble would you mind posting a couple different angles of them.

Thank You in advance.

*******Recently Done:

Changed orange instrumentation LED lighting to blue. This was a PITA to do and required disassembling the front end and the instrument cluster. Then you had to remove all the needles and gauges and de-solder 26 teeny tiny LEDs mounted on the circuit board and then solder 26 other teeny tiny LEDs in their place. The end result was worth it though.

May I ask how did you recalibrate your needles? I took mine off when I did this mod. I think they are basically good to go know, but I am interested in how you fixed it. Particulaly the gas and temp needles.

thought about the LED change but am afraid of soldering tiny stuff myself...

Nice "Mods" :beerchug:

I was looking at those pegs not ot long ago,but was unsure how'd they look on a busa. If it wouldn't be to much trouble would you mind posting a couple different angles of them.

Thank You in advance.

Here are some additional pics:

TheBlueFalcon.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

May I ask how did you recalibrate your needles? I took mine off when I did this mod. I think they are basically good to go know, but I am interested in how you fixed it. Particularly the gas and temp needles.

I didn't have to recalibrate at all. The gauges do that automatically whenever you start the bike. That's why the needles dance back and forth.

I didn't have to recalibrate at all. The gauges do that automatically whenever you start the bike. That's why the needles dance back and forth.

??? Are you sure??? You may want to check. When I put my needles back on sometimes they would not move all the way when I turn the key or in the case of my fuel gauge it was reading half when it should have been on 3/4. The Temp gauge was reading off too. I think its all fixed now but it took a lot of patience..

Back