My Real Carbon Fiber Fiddy

InfiniteReality

Registered
Whole lot more elbow grease than I anticipated, but worth it in the end. I love carbon fiber, but I think I went way overboard with plastics, fork guards, tank cover, chain guide, skid plate, Z50R fender and exhaust guard. Time to design some graphics to break up the carbon. It's by no means perfect, but I'm just tired of messing with it.

Quick rundown on the mods... 2006 CRF50 frame, future extended .50 caliber swingarm, Z50 billet front hub with disc brakes, Z50 billet rear hub with disc brakes, Galfer SS smoke lines (Left and right hand brakes since no clutch), 10x3.5 Z50 Kitaco wheels ordered directly from Japan, 120/70 Continental tires, Ride-It orange anodized master cylinders with adjustable levers (left and right) from Japan, Z50 forks (cut off bracket for headlight prior to powdercoat), CRF50 +1 chromoly fork legs with caliper bracket relocated to them, Rizmo knockoff orange anodized mirrors, all the lighting to be street legal (LED of course), custom license plate relocator (copied idea from my busa), TrailTech speedo plus I"m sure alot of stuff I missed like most products from 50STUNT.

A buddy gave me a 50 caliber +2.5" swingarm. Got axle blocks and new bearings on the way for it and will drop it off for powdercoat Monday. It'll give me some adjustment room for the Z50 rear wheel since I have very little right now. Since it's all street legal, I could use the room as I stretch the chain. Also plan to swap the Honda engine for a Lifan 125 semi-auto soon... With having a spare engine and a ton of spare parts, I'll build another stunt 50.

IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

Trial of stock CRF50 graphics (in orange vinyl) against the carbon.. Undecided on what I'm going to do...
IMG_6368.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

Street legal in LA?

Did u make the carbon fiber parts? My GSXR is mostly carbon fiber from Tekarbon

Just wrapped the stuff in 2x2 carbon fiber, couple coats of 2pt epoxy resin then some automotive clear to protect... Plus hours of sanding in between those steps, lol.

Yep was already 100% street legal in Louisiana when it was for stunting.. even rocking a personal plate, lol.

Back