my Pirelli's

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
there always seems to be someone asking about tires so i thought i would start a thread on the ones i run the most...i put a few touring miles in throughtout the year (a little over 16,000 last year) and yet find myself trying to keep up with the likes of Macon454, Uncle Steve, and many others who like to eat the sides off their tires once i reach my destinations

needless to say, i can't run a full-fledged touring tire nor can i afford to run race tires all the time...so, i finally found a combo that works for me about 90% of the time (have a Corsa III rear mounted on another rim at home for when i'm in the mood to play locally or when i'm trailering somewhere) and have been running it for the past couple years...it is a Pirelli Diablo Corsa III front tire with a Pirelli Diablo Strada rear

i figured this would be a good time to start this thread since tmpowdercoating and i mounted a new set of tires and brake pads (thanks bro :beerchug:) this morning and i am taking off for Eureka Springs tomorrow...anyway, here is what they look like new and the mileage as of this morning (i have an 18 tooth front sprocket so the odometer is almost dead on) and we'll see how they hold up to riding this summer

btw, i weigh approx. 295-300 lbs., ride two-up occasionally, and carry two 54liter Ventura bags when touring so you smaller guys (or those who never carry luggage) should get even better mileage out of them

IMG_5364 (Large).jpg

IMG_5370 (Large).jpg

IMG_5365 (Large).jpg

Those are the same tires I have. Except I have one for the front as well. Right now they have roughly 5000 miles on them, and it seems like they are still going strong.

Back