My Pilot Road 3's haven't failed me yet.

880jedi

Registered
With 12K on this set, we'll give them a 5 stars rating! :thumbsup:

12 k tire.jpg

12 k tire.jpg

With over 13K on my PR2's, I am still waiting to get the PR3's. I will run the PR series tires for the rest of my riding time on this planet. They have done very well for me on the Dragon and on the super slab.

i def agree with you on that.....did a little knee dragging on the dragon with mine to. no complaints at all, i know they are no sticky track tire, but when you get the urge the tire is there enough to trust.
With over 13K on my PR2's, I am still waiting to get the PR3's. I will run the PR series tires for the rest of my riding time on this planet. They have done very well for me on the Dragon and on the super slab.

For those that have used both, other than tread pattern, have you noticed any significant difference between the PR2s and PR3s? Also, are you running a 190/50 or 190/55? In the FZ1 crowd, stepping up to a 190/55 improves turn-in quite a bit.

I have no idea how anyone gets 12k miles on a set of tires, especially if they still look like that!
My Q2 front and Roadsmart rear are toast at 3k...but they wore evenly front to back! I usually get 3k front and 2k rear, so I'm thrilled! I run all tires at 36 to 38 psi hot too.
I can limp on them a little longer as I don't ride hard or put a knee down on cold roads.
I'm glad some of you guys are getting great mileage, I just can't cruise everywhere.:beerchug:

Six, it is easy to get that kind of mileage when you do 600 miles a week on the interstate for a commute. That was my primary reason for getting the cruise control hooked up. The PR2's have been a great tire even for when I go visit my brother who lives 30 minutes from the Dragon.

90% of my riding is straight line high speed, so it is easy to rack up crazy mileage on tires.

Nice! I have 5500 on my PR2s, with plenty of tread left. I also have a set of Q2s ready to go on. Looking forward to that!

Wow, I just put a PR on mine two weeks ago out of chance, hope I get somewhere near what you guys are getting. :please:
Had been running 2CT's getn about 3.5k out of them. My wife is gonna have a BF if I buy another tire anytime soon!

I'm with you, Sous! Am on 3rd set of PR2s and loving them (including Dragon), but I want to try PR3s next. My question is can I put a PR3 in the back and keep the PR2 in front. My front tire will likely not be ready to be changed when the back is done.

you should be fine with that combination.....i have the pr2 on the back and the pr3 on the front. when i wear the rear out i will switch it to the pr3 as well.

I'm with you, Sous! Am on 3rd set of PR2s and loving them (including Dragon), but I want to try PR3s next. My question is can I put a PR3 in the back and keep the PR2 in front. My front tire will likely not be ready to be changed when the back is done.

Other than the extra rain grooves, I don't see anything different about them from the Road 2s. Am I missing something? ???

ok from my dealer "who actually rides and his grandson road races". Pr 3 are the same rubber compound as the 2 . I didn't like the three that much. I have 3500 miles on the threes and they are cooked. No burn outs just heavy throttle riding around the streets no drag racing. Rear is bare and front is cupped pretty heavy. What tires do I go to next.

ok from my dealer "who actually rides and his grandson road races". Pr 3 are the same rubber compound as the 2 . I didn't like the three that much. I have 3500 miles on the threes and they are cooked. No burn outs just heavy throttle riding around the streets no drag racing. Rear is bare and front is cupped pretty heavy. What tires do I go to next.

Give the BT023's a try. I have them and they grip nicely in the canyons. I have almost 5k on mines and do 70% slab. I'm very happy with them.

I might give PR3's a try if I can ever wear out the BT023's. :laugh:

Anybody ever tried perelli Angel St's? Went to dealer today and said these would have more life than the road 3's. I dont do all the twisties and stuff but more to and from work and 2up. Wat do u guys think?

I have no idea how anyone gets 12k miles on a set of tires, especially if they still look like that!
My Q2 front and Roadsmart rear are toast at 3k...but they wore evenly front to back! I usually get 3k front and 2k rear,

sixpack, you must be some crazy man, :bowdown: take care out there Brother :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch :laugh:

sixpack, you must be some crazy man, :bowdown: take care out there Brother :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch :laugh:

:laugh:Not hardly, many a rider better than me, and guys here getting the same or less mileage out of street tires.
I do try hard not to use my front tire too:laugh:

Back