my phone is broken, but thats not important. i got the mtc clutch in

Kevin Jones

Registered
And that is important! Not that the instructions were worth a damn. Had to figure it out for myself. I wish it had come with the softer springs. I cannot believe the quality of the cnc workmanship of the MTC over the Exoticycle. No personal bias, it just was not even a comparison. I did have to buy a billet inner hub but planned on that anyway for peace of mind. MPS, you did me right again. Johnny needs to really look at his products, I originally bought the exotic because I couldnt afford the hub. But one of the arms was locked in place. Sidney at MPS couldnt believe it either, the whole snowflake looked poorly machined with bad tolerances. The MTC was really nice. I will drive it to work tmrw, see how it goes.

Bike is a gen 1 or did you mean gen 2 mtc clutch? Is that streetable? No, I couldnt afford that. Just the two stage lock up. Pops says he has the GN running good now that he got those tools to get the cam timing right. I also told him he needed a datalogger so he bought that dash mount one. Now he is digging in to the manuals on the different chips he has. He also gave me a used MT slick somebody gave him for my bike but the thing is so wide, I would need to remove my hugger. I will get a wheel and mount it anyway. The era of no trailer is over, I just have no idea where to put it.

Thanks Rob, test n tune tonight. I doubt I can get a wheel for that slick and get it on tonight but if I can get a better launch without starting off in a retarded traction scenario, I can get into the boost and get pulled. I also have a buddy that has a shinko hook up. Maybe I need all 3 tires, a street tire, a drag tire, and a slick for when you gotta go all in like Texas hold em. Like you said, once the spinning starts on a turbo, might as well abort. It doesnt hook up eventually. Or at least not how I am geared. Its the same spin off the line down the entire lane. Or its Mr Toads wild ride like I did the other night going the entire 8th at a varying degrees of angle all the way through the flags using every bit of my wits not to lose it.

That being said, a novice like I am, I might want to go easy with the slick for the first 10 passes or so until I can get a feel for whats going to happen. Plus new clutch, I might think I am good until 20 some feet off the line and I am rocking out with my clock out, wrist and throttle yanked and all is just shifting and WTF! Wheelie unexpected when that clutch grabs.

Oh dear lord lmfao...just go easy with the new set up...no more texts telling me you almost took out the 1/8mi marker cause you were going sideways on the rear tire:rofl:

I cant wheelie very well but I can spin a tire for an entire 1/8th mile and go through 5 gears hitting the rev limiter instantly lol

Actually I have a trade going on with someone for a shinko hook up. And there may be a trailer in the near future. Near as in today I think. I got another wheel, just need a rotor. Wouldn't that be cool, have 3 tires ready to go? Hook up, stealth (for the wheelie days), and a slick. Each set up with a sprocket and hub all together, 5 min swaps.

was wondering if gen II clutch. good to hear on the GN. I've been buying suspension parts for the last couple months for mine and am about to buy a Stage II long block which I'm getting with an XFI and 120 lb injectors for like $10k which is a freakn steal since the motor alone is about $18k to build but its a 274 ci.

Bike is a gen 1 or did you mean gen 2 mtc clutch? Is that streetable? No, I couldnt afford that. Just the two stage lock up. Pops says he has the GN running good now that he got those tools to get the cam timing right. I also told him he needed a datalogger so he bought that dash mount one. Now he is digging in to the manuals on the different chips he has. He also gave me a used MT slick somebody gave him for my bike but the thing is so wide, I would need to remove my hugger. I will get a wheel and mount it anyway. The era of no trailer is over, I just have no idea where to put it.

Back