My PCIII got wet FI light came on

jons06

Registered
Heeeeeellllpppp ! ok so it was hot today so I put a frozen bottle of water in my modified cowl ( I cut some of it out so I can store more things in the trunk). I was riding along & my FI light came on, I stopped checked all fluids all seemed fine so I started it back up and rode another 50+ miles, it didn't seem to do anything different but I kept within speed limits. When I stopped again I took the cowl off & that is when I noticed water on my power commander, FI light was still on. I disconnected it from the battery (heavy gas smell when i started it). When i reconnected everything it was fine, no FI light no smell, rode a while longer, parked for about an hour and a half, went to start it up & the FI light came back on, I just rode it home (70 miles) a little rough at higher speeds, but again, I didn't push it.

Could this be because the Power commander got wet, or something deeper ? anyoe had the same type of issue ? Help me pleeeaaaasssssee.:please:

Take the seat off and let everything dry out. Park it in the sun. You need to get allthe elctronics dry to determine if you have a problem. You will probably be OK, just need to get the electronic modules dry.

Take the seat off and let everything dry out. Park it in the sun. You need to get allthe elctronics dry to determine if you have a problem. You will probably be OK, just need to get the electronic modules dry.

The power commander is generally water/dust resistant provided it has the dust covers on the connectors. It can't be submerged in water though. It should be ok.

OK so it 's dry(the PCIII), I took out my Busa and rode about 3 miles, opened her up & no FI light..:cheerleader:, now the only thing I need to know is should I re-load the map to the Power commander ????

OK so it 's dry(the PCIII), I took out my Busa and rode about 3 miles, opened her up & no FI light..:cheerleader:, now the only thing I need to know is should I re-load the map to the Power commander ????

No, Power Commander will not lose map if power is disconnecteed.

Back