my other "project" 1965 f-100

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
My dad and i started putting this 65 together about 15 years ago(he owned it since around 1990). Originally it had a 352 v-8 and 3 on the tree. it was white/white with a bench seat, no carpet. it was a farm truck(1 owner).
We put a 302/AOD (out of an 89 mustang) in it. my dad had it painted red. put some interior(RED) in it and that was about it. He drove it around like that until about 3 years ago when he got ill.

he finally gave it to this last december after the electric fuel pump when bad and the water pump started leaking just sittin there. he told me he realized he wasnt gonna do anything with it and he might as well give it to me now instead of later.

i already knew what i wanted to do with it so i got started on a 3 month project.

first thing i did was replace the water pump, fuel pump and got it running. put the correct motor mounts in it and a new gas tank.

completely redid the interrior how you see it now. power steering and power brakes came next. lowered it down with dream beams in the front while it was apart and put 20" wheels and tires on it.

only thing left is the ac and im done with it.

the best part is that pops is still around to see it and he loves it. that made all the work, beer, frustration and thrown wrenches woth it.

here are some pics.

left side 2.jpg

65 interrior 2.jpg

65 interrior.jpg

door panel.jpg

seat.jpg

underhood.jpg

Very nice, when I was a kid a neighbor had one blue and white, 352 truck motor :poke: shortbed. I remember him installing back up lights and seatbelts. :laugh:

Nice truck:beerchug:

My dad had a 1966 F-100 for a long time. Sold it to a friend a couple of years ago. My dad put a 427 out of a 74-75? LTD and hopped it up a little for several years. It was a beast and would light the tires up.

Several years ago he got an itch and chopped the top 3", put a narrowed 3 link 9" with super wide tires, aluminum cobra jet heads, all roller internals, balanced internals, bored to 460, custom exhuast, shaved handles, ...etc. I heard it run a few times and it sounded l ike a top fuel dragster idling.

Back