My older sister.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I'm sitting here writing this a broken man, at a loss for thought and feeling. I'm numb and in shock. My happiness has fallen away.

My older sister Susie has been fighting Leukemia for 2 yrs now.  She's 39, so young.  It all started back when she went in to have her tubes tied. When she awoke from the surgury the doc told her that they found a type of Leukemia in her blood work.  She thought she was in a bad dream and was trying to wake herself up.   The first few months were test after test with lots of chemo and her finishing up the year when she was transported to a hospital in Seattle.  The first major battle was to do a complete blood transfer. All the time it seemed like one fever after another.  That lasted for a few months. Then a skin cancer surfaced. They went to fight that and after getting that under control the blood cancer came back.  

It was like that, one type of cancer after another. You have to understand that this doesn't run in either of my family lines. A person in my family line having this is unheard of. AFter many on/off cancer fights it all seemed to clear up early last summer.  She seemed better and was getting healthy. Her hair was even growning back. Though weak, she was slowly on her way to a recovery. She was getting checked out every couple weeks at that point and the doc's said she was in remission.  

A few months later though one of the tests came back positive.  The cancer was back and more aggressive than ever.  Shortly after she went back to Seattle with plans for a bone marrow transplant.  A doner was located that showed really good matches, 9 out of 10.  Constant fevers and getting sick postphoned the procedure a few times. Finally the transplant happened. Everything went well, i never prayed so much in my life....   A month later it was confirmed that the transplant took very well and her numbers started climbing. She seemed to be getting alot better but the meds she was on pretty much destroyed her muscle mass in her body.  Tests showed her in remission and the only thing to do was get her therapy going to rebuild her muscles.  

3 days ago a test showed the cancer has come back, ever MORE aggressive than before. They said there was nothing else they could do for her.  All possible medical options have been tried.  

They have given her a week to live.

A week....

Please pray for her.

sad.gif
God be with sis and family.Prayer on the way.

Friend, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be preying for your sister and your entire family. Keep your head up. If there is anything we can do, just say the word. I will pray hard for your family.

Paul , My prayers are with you and your entire family in these trying times. BRO , Keep your head up & if you need anything ALL of us are here for you!

My heart goes out to your sister, you and your entire family. You will be in the thoughts of my family!!

Wow man I am truly sorry to hear that. I will pray for her and you and all of your family. Go spend as much time with her as possible. Get her out of the hospital and go live the best week ever with her!!

I am so so sorry! What is her name? I will most definately do alot of praying for her and you and family. This may be a dumb question, but how is she holding up to this? Is she at the hospital still and how long will she stay there?

chris

damn i hate to hear about cancer patients that is some messed up stuff. I cant imagine what you let alone her is going through man.

been there at 26 now 39 and looking ahead at life.
i'm now building a turbo busa for drags and run a k1200s on the street

i see that she lost hair ,witch mean's she's been in chemo.
forget that **** ,it has all kind of negative effect and bring her to L.A.
at the specialysed hospital that can cure cancer by transfering the tumor into something the body will recongnize as something bad and fight it whit it's own immunity system,wich was not working since it did not recongnyze the tumor in it's primate form.
can someone help me with the name of that place ,i know it is by the sea.

marc g.

I will ask God to send strength your way, and love towards hers, go to her and stay with her, you will be in my prayers

I sorry to hear that brother
sad.gif
, pray that something will come around. The man upstairs works in some misterious ways.

GMBusa. My prayers are with you, your family and most definitely your sister. I lost my step mom to breast cancer not two years ago.

Buy a tape or digital recorder and record some talks with your sister. Reminisce about your lives together. The fun, the pain, the "you know I never told you but ....". I truly came closer to my stepmom during that time.

I will not second guess the doctors, but you are always free to seek a second opinion. Only your family and your sister can decide what the correct course will be.

The most important thing for her is to stay positive. She sounds like such a fighter and has gone through so much, she must be very strong. And you must take some of her strength and be strong for her. This does not mean you don't cry or show no emotion. What is means is that you be there for her. Listen, laugh and cry together.

peace and strength.
Peter

so very sorry to hear of the condition of your sister! from what you have stated on the board, she seems like a very strong woman! i will be sending prayers for her, you, and your family and hopefully she takes a turn for the better! keep your head up bro! im sure this is tough on you but your her brother and she needs you to stay strong!

Damn, GM, I'm really sorry to hear this. My heart and my thoughts are with you.

--Wag--

Back