My old turbo, the carnage, the pics!!

turbojonn

Registered
This is what happened to my old turbo when it was on the dyno. Could have been caused by the blow off not blowing off enough, age, excessive heat might have caused the shaft to coke up and snap. For what ever reason it let go, it led to me finally taking my bike to Bert and now I have a WAY better kit, that runs smooth and very cool. I've got pics of it and info. about it in the other post I started.
Check out the old plenum and then look at the one Bert sold me. Huge difference (even besides the liquid to air thing)

DSCF0001.jpg

This is my old teeny weeny plenum. Look at the other post and compare it to the new one. I'm like a kid on Christmas moring that DID get the Red Ryder bb gun with a compass in the stock!!!
jump9.gif

DSCF0007.jpg

Exactly why I don't want to spend my days jerking around w/ turbos and the inherent problems that come with them...famous last words.

(turbojonn @ Aug. 23 2007,10:00) I'm like a kid on Christmas moring that DID get the Red Ryder bb gun with a compass in the stock!!!  
jump9.gif
Uhhhhhh, I remember those and got one !!!! So now you guys know I'am older than 39
laugh.gif

Back