My next project

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Shold be getting these in two weeks or so. Then I'll have to figure out some way to get the throttle cable conected and attach these to my airbox. Hope fully have it all installed and tested before the End of September (Maxton race). :thumbsup:

Hayabusa Compare - 2.jpg

finally had some time to make some progress with this setup and take some pics to share with everyone.

P2146530.jpg

P2146529.jpg

P2146535.jpg

P2146537.jpg

P2146539.jpg

I was just speaking with the company today. They've now made these TB's available for the GEN 2 engine. Based on preliminary dyno results there is for sure a measurable improvement in torque and horsepower with this setup. :cheerleader:

I've still got a bit of a ways to go with my bike but I'll post a before and after once it's been on the dyno.

Kewl. I can see where the hp and torque would come from. The new ones are very smooth and look alot cleaner installed. Seems to be a great deal bigger, and the butterflies seem to be WAY thinner and restrict less air as well. Great mod, im guessing you are the forefather of this mod!

These TB's have been around but normaly they're used when someone swaps a busa motor into some light car chassis. I may be one of the very very few that are using these in a motorcycle chassis. For sure no one else has tried these on a BIG motor application.

All the love was given to the Gen1 first. :laugh: Actually there was no Gen2 at the start of the design. Mine is a Gen 1. They were previously only availble for Gen1 engines but they now make a set available for the Gen2 which have a little differetn offset. You would have problems trying to install Gen1's on a Gen2 or vice versa.

Last night I added vacuum ports so I can pickup the IAP signal. I wanted to instal CF tubes :coolcool:but because of the tight fit the edge of the tube kept getting frayed. :down: I had to bite the bullet and use brass for the tubes. If anyone is looking for a 0.156" OD carbon fiber round tube just pm me. :laugh:

P2246546.jpg

P2246545.jpg

Back