My new toy: The Hayaboosta

Tuffer95

Registered
Hello busa community! I’ve been a member for a little over a month now and realized I haven’t posted any pics of my new toy. But first an intro.
2007 Gen 1 Hayabusa with 18k
Stage 1 Hahn’s turbo kit
-Rebuilt turbo
-Custom log style plenum (I know I know)
-Tial wastegate and bov
-K&N Filter
-Walbro 255 in-line pump
Power commander V
Speedo Healer
Aem Afr Gauge
Glowshift boost gauge
May be missing a few minor things. Anyways I just had the bike tuned by Greg at Moons Super Cycle after having a head gasket replaced and a smaller wastegate spring put in. Bike makes 269 to the wheel and 150tq. I’m absolutely in love with it right now and can’t imagine some of these 400-600hp monsters I keep seeing here.

53BE1E7C-BC96-4A01-9B7E-D202492D95ED.jpeg

C2785AF4-F2A4-4A5B-9E9D-F514517FDAF4.jpeg

DC2EBCA5-82E4-4DC9-AFA3-903C3FF012E1.jpeg

13399ECA-8892-4C25-A02B-EA75C4EE4B13.jpeg

That sure is one tuff looking Busa bro , and short wheelbase , love that for sure !! Thanks for posting up bro , really impressive Gen 1 .

Wow, nice man cave!! :bowdown:
Single man much? lol.
The bike is an absolute gem, love it! So mean and tough in black, and with that turboed muscle, what a ride.
More info and pics, please. A video would be super cool too.
Thanks for sharing :beerchug:

Thanks guys, she’s my baby and gets treated like such. And hell yea kiwi, 23 and living the dream baby. That’s actually at one of my rentals. I’ll get some better pics tomorrow down by the lake and hopefully get a nice little video as well!

As for more info on the bike, after a little investigation, I’m 99.9% positive I purchased a member by the name of Dr. Gonzo old bike. I came to this conclusion after seeing he was based in Appleton, Wi and his posts matched what he told me in person. Anyways, I purchased the bike more then less as a parts bike, I was told the bike ran before starting the turbo install but he hadn’t had it running consistently since. When I got home, I noticed a bunch of small things, missing clamps on crucial hoses, small oil leak from the turbo and the stator cover, and a gas leak from an in-line filter that threw me in circles for days trying to locate it. Once everything was sorted, the bike would run but was spewing black smoke and would constantly die whenever I let off the throttle or tried to downshift. That’s when I went and had it tuned by Greg who ended up doing a head gasket job as well as installing a smaller wastegate spring. In hindsight, I should have had him install a base spacer while the engine was out and open. Since getting it back from the shop, i added both gauges with a simple sheet metal bracket that I fabbed up. Its been turnkey reliable and I’ve clocked roughly 900 miles of moderate/heavy riding over the last month. There’s truly no feeling compared to the turbo busa. I’ve had plenty of fast bikes but nothing that gives you this many smiles per gallon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, she’s my baby and gets treated like such.
And hell yea Kiwi,
23 and living the dream baby.
That’s actually at one of my rentals. I’ll get some better pics tomorrow down by the lake and hopefully get a nice little video as well!
23 ? ? Really? and you have rentals ? ?
Man you must've started early in the asset game lol.
Yeah, a vid of your bike running would be very cool, cheers.

Hello busa community! I’ve been a member for a little over a month now and realized I haven’t posted any pics of my new toy. But first an intro.
2007 Gen 1 Hayabusa with 18k
Stage 1 Hahn’s turbo kit
-Rebuilt turbo
-Custom log style plenum (I know I know)
-Tial wastegate and bov
-K&N Filter
-Walbro 255 in-line pump
Power commander V
Speedo Healer
Aem Afr Gauge
Glowshift boost gauge
May be missing a few minor things. Anyways I just had the bike tuned by Greg at Moons Super Cycle after having a head gasket replaced and a smaller wastegate spring put in. Bike makes 269 to the wheel and 150tq. I’m absolutely in love with it right now and can’t imagine some of these 400-600hp monsters I keep seeing here.

View attachment 1584141

View attachment 1584142

View attachment 1584143

View attachment 1584144
Nice ride sir!!! Do you know if the motor has all stock internals?

Matthewrussell52, no base spacer at this time. Only thing that’s been done internally is a new head gasket.

I was curious if you were a member on here. I saw your bike on craigslist but need to sell a toy before buying another one. Lol. Glad to see you on here. Any future mods you planning on doing to it?

Shade, when i get back home ill take a better pic of the graph.
Busakiller, as of this season, i'm pretty content with where the bikes at. For awhile i was debating selling her after I got her tuned and using the money towards a dp on another rental, but at this point i'm addicted to the boost. Some mods i'm hoping to tackle this winter: Base spacer, ditch the hahns plenum and go with an rcc setup with secondary injectors, secondary fuel controller, fpr instead of fmu, and possibly look into water injection.

Back