My new steed!

BusaFever

Post ***** Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
As many of you know, I just sold my Busa. Had to find a replacement of some sort. Well I found one.

All I can say is wow.

I picked up an Australian spec blacked out gixxer 1000. I honestly can't beleive how fast this bike is. It handles great, looks great, all I can do is grin like the first time I rode a busa.
I know it does have as much torque as the Busa, but by riding it, you wouldn't know it until you looked at the numbers. I realized that is probably isn't but just like BT says about his 10R, it feels just as fast. I do think that it runs through the revs faster.

Now I gotta get the guy that bought my Busa to run me.

Even if its a tad slower or a lot slower, I don't care. OMG this thing handles like a dream. The suspension is stiffer than the old Busa, it rails like nothing Ive ever ridden.

At least I didnt get a kowasuki huh?
poke.gif

All I can think of for now... wow.
wow.gif

-Bill

16_Mar_05_Gixxer_1000_004.jpg

Its got a Kenz performance titanium pipe on it, man it is loud. Its a japanese brand name, I never heard of it until I came over here. They said it was a race pipe, not legal for japan, so I had better be careful with it so I don't get a ticket. Its actually louder than my dual HMFs, I didn't think that was possible...
laugh.gif

16_Mar_05_Gixxer_1000_005.jpg

View from the rear. It also has a HID headlight. Man they are bright! If you don't have one, you should get one. I was wearing my dark visor at night, and couldnt believe how well I could see with it on.

16_Mar_05_Gixxer_1000_003.jpg

It does look like a sweet ride and sound even sweeter. Congrats!

Kool Ride! I love the all black. I'm curious why you didn't get the 05?

I've had an 04 since January of 04 and have had a great time enjoying it. I agree, it's feels just as fast as my busa and lots more fun. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Black/Gray 05!

Kool Ride! I love the all black. I'm curious why you didn't get the 05?

I've had an 04 since January of 04 and have had a great time enjoying it. I agree, it's feels just as fast as my busa and lots more fun. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Black/Gray 05!
Thanks bro!

Why didn't I get the 05?
2 Reasons:
1) I am 6' 4", and weigh 230. That 2005 is really small, not gonna fit me well.
2) The mark up on 1st generation in Japan is astronomical! They want 16 million yen for one. Thats almost $16 grand. Its crazy man, I swear.

If number 2 wasn't such a big deal, I might have went for it and lived looking like a gorilla riding a football.

-Bill

I think the pipse loud couse it has no baffles look at it looks like a long header pipe. I love the color though how its bluing like that
cool.gif

I think the pipse loud couse it has no baffles look at it looks like a long header pipe.  I love the color though how its bluing like that
cool.gif
Yeah its like a MotoGP pipe... You can see right down it. I need some earplugs!

The blueing is cuz of the titanium. It blues when it gets hot. I love the look of it. They make pipes for the Busa also. It appears that they blued the can at the factory, Ive never seen one look like that from riding.

Sweet lookin bike. I have room for one more in my shed... maybe I need to pick one of those up for a future stablemate.

Fine arse bike, man!
super.gif
beerchug.gif
And it's nice to finally see someone understand where I'm coming from when I say that I can't feel a handicap going from a busa to the 10.
wink.gif

Ain't the handling great? I've been madly in love with my litre since the ride home from the dealership. When you really enjoy the twisties there's no explaining how sweet the handling of a litre bike feels compared to the busa.

Now, wear out those tires so you can get a fresh set of Powers mounted up and then post up again about how sweet the Powers are on it. The Powers made a handling difference on Train but they made even more difference on the 10.
super.gif

super.gif

Back