My new mistress...

esxb0y

Registered
Hi All,

I've just replaced my 2007 CBR600RR with a stunning, black (new to me) 2008 Hayabusa. It was a few months in the making, to which I owe a great debt to the very informative posts on this forum allowing me to pick wisely. I've wanted one of these beasts ever since I saw the original Gen I get released and it is nice to finally have her sitting in the carport waiting for the next ride!

One of the biggest practical reasons for purchasing is that I'm doing more commuting two-up with my partner, and the CBR really wasn't practical for that, especially as I'd set it up as my track day and sunny Sunday ride. I have to say the torque on the 'Busa makes it an absolute pleasure to ride to work with my partner, and Sunday morning blasts may never be the same again, the acceleration is intoxicating! Which leads me to the main reasons for purchasing - pure passion. I love the look, prestige and staggering performance of these machines.

I have big plans for the bike in my tenure, as I do love to fettle my machines. My overall goal is to make her even more sublime than she already is, with a healthy dose of flickability to surprise the little sportsbikes in the twisties. This is something I plan on taking my time over, as I'm really enjoying just the stock set-up right now. I'm talking with Robert at Kiwi Suspension Solutions who is going to help set her up for me with an Ohlins rear shock and rebuilt fork internals, as I had the suspension on my CBR rebuilt with RaceTech internals and the transformation was amazing. I then plan on beefing up the brake performance with some braided lines and upgraded discs, fluid and pads, and then the weight watchers diet will begin. If, after all that I can still master the machine, I may look at extracting more power.

Sorry Guys, here ya go. She's sporting tinted indicators front and rear, Zero Gravity screen and a tail tidy at the moment. Currently in a quandry for when I decide to upgrade the exhaust, as I know the alienhead style is seriously light and unleashes some of that untapped performance, but I do really like the view from behind with the dual pipes...

IMG_20120623_091607.jpg

IMG_20120623_091545.jpg

He was not sure how to post a picture so I uploaded one for him.... Don't look like an 08 to me...

image-345317419.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

image-345317419.jpg

Back